How to losen ram timings?

There are so many values to consider, I have no idea which ones need adjustment for easier post

Sys is mix ram with 3000mhz cl15 x2 + 3600mhz cl18 x2

Asus b350f and 5600

Docp on 3600 auto gets many tries to post, but its stable in windows , same with auto 3200 /3000

13 minutes ago, 37748585862723896 said:

There are so many values to consider, I have no idea which ones need adjustment for easier post

Sys is mix ram with 3000mhz cl15 x2 + 3600mhz cl18 x2

Asus b350f and 5600

Docp on 3600 auto gets many tries to post, but its stable in windows , same with auto 3200 /3000

Send thaiphoon burner screenshots for all 4 sticks

Randomly adjusting shit without any knowledge of what the ic is capable of is gonna take quite abit longer then when you actually know the ics capabilities and can adjust accordingly

What cpu btw? zen and zen+ have garbage imcs so ~3000 is about what you can expect without some tuning and/or with ics like micron rev e, zen2/3 can do 3800-4000 for 1:1, cezzane apus can do ~5000 for 1:1

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

What cpu btw?

16 minutes ago, 37748585862723896 said:

Asus b350f and 5600

As for what to loosen, usually aggressive timings aren't that hard to boot unless they really are on the edge. My experience on AM4 is that a set of timings will either boot or they won't, there's rarely retrain loops that eventually make it to Windows like you're describing, and if there are you usually end up with some stability issues anyway. I'd start by just copying the XMP of the 3600 kit, maybe loosening it by 2 ticks on each primary timing in case the CL15 kit is pretty bad at 3600, but that's about it. If that doesn't fix long POST times, it's probably the frequency itself that is causing the issues, in which case go more for setting SOC voltage to something like 1.15V, making sure GDM (Gear Down Mode) is enabled, or tuning the ProcODT settings (this was fairly important for higher frequencies on early AM4 boards, so this might be your issue). 

13 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

SOC voltage to something like 1.15V, making sure GDM (Gear Down Mode) is enabled, or tuning the ProcODT settings

Thanks for the info, needs a couple days to test things out, it needs long shutdown ro replicate the issue

The soc volt is better off at 1.15V ? since default is like 1.35V 

Any values good for ProcODT? 

Higher or lower is better?

1 hour ago, 37748585862723896 said:

The soc volt is better off at 1.15V ? since default is like 1.35V 

1.35V SOC voltage is in the territory where it will kill the CPU overtime, you don't really want to be setting it above 1.2V on Ryzen 5000. Plus, this voltage sweet spots, so higher doesn't mean better, and since they sweet spot between 1.1 and 1.2V on the vast majority of CPUs, 1.15V should be good enough for most chips. 

I'm a bit curious if you're reading the VCore voltage reading rather than the SOC voltage reading though, just since most motherboards I'm aware of will default this voltage to 1V at 3600 (I've seen a handful of Gigabyte boards set it to 1.2V before on some BIOS revisions, but usually it's 1V). 

1 hour ago, 37748585862723896 said:

Any values good for ProcODT? 

Higher or lower is better?

This will sweet spot, and this depends on a ton of factors for what will work well and what won't. I'd probably start tuning at 40 ohms, going up and down to see what helps and what doesn't, though your mileage will vary. AFAIK most older boards will benefit from something a bit higher like somewhere between 60-80 ohms, though I don't know how your board behaves for that and will hesitate to give a recommendation on that because of that.