AMD EPYC 9554 Overheating issue

Hello everyone

I'm currently experiencing an overheating issue with a single-processor AMD EPYC 9554 on a Gigabyte MZ73-LM0 motherboard that I just assembled. On my first tests, the values indicated by HWiNFO64, in the Tctl/Tdie CPU exceed 100° with an activation of the HTC & CPU thermal limitation and therefore a drop in performance; Can we trust the information in this monitoring software ?

Would it make sense to disable the Core Performance Boost ?

Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback

My Build:

- Gigabyte MZ73-lm0 Rev 2.0

- 1x AMD EPYC 9554

- 12x Sticks of Crucial Memory 32Go DDR5

- 1x 1To NVme

- 1x RTX 3060

- Windows 10 Pro & Linux

- Full Watercooling custom (Temp Water 25°C) (Waterblock CPU SP5 ES jet 2U, Alphacool, Aquacomputer Leakshield D5, RAD 560 MONSTA, 18 Noctua Industrila Fans)

Kind regards & Thanks in advance !

CPU Temp Limitation.PNG

well.. either that watercooling block you got doesnt work, or you didnt mount it properly.

Something strange to me is that each individual CCD Tdie is over 50C lower than the overall Tdie. This implies that there is a hotspot somewhere, but not in the cores. It's also not in the IO die.

I'm wondering if there is some kind of a mounting issue with the CPU - not just the cooler, but if the actual CPU is not seated correctly in the socket.

Might have some mounting pressure issues or too little paste. Cooler mounting on these is tricky af and very possible you got an air bubble under the block.