Need help with pairing CPU with my 2070

So recently got a rtx 2070 and

i have a old Pc with i5 (4560) 4th gen

DDR3 8gb ram 

i know this is not bottlenecking it is straight up strangling.

But i don't have that much bugget and i want to upgrade it.

I am thinking of like DDR4 16gb ram

(don't have any idea about motherboard)

I7 6th gen 

So please enlighten me and give me clear suggestions but not like expensive. I know any high end CPU is good but i am broke and website are full of that type of suggestion. 

Note (Please give idea of how much which cpu will it bottleneck 2070)

Welcome to the forums. 

You mention not having much budget, but don't say what your budget actually is. Please give us a number and a currency, and tell us what country you're shopping in and what retailers you have access to.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

19 minutes ago, Shahzeb_6000 said:

So recently got a rtx 2070 and

i have a old Pc with i5 (4560) 4th gen

DDR3 8gb ram 

i know this is not bottlenecking it is straight up strangling.

But i don't have that much bugget and i want to upgrade it.

I am thinking of like DDR4 16gb ram

(don't have any idea about motherboard)

I7 6th gen 

So please enlighten me and give me clear suggestions but not like expensive. I know any high end CPU is good but i am broke and website are full of that type of suggestion. 

Note (Please give idea of how much which cpu will it bottleneck 2070)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($159.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($33.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 PG Riptide ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $378.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-11-30 15:11 EST-0500

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

12 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Welcome to the forums. 

You mention not having much budget, but don't say what your budget actually is. Please give us a number and a currency, and tell us what country you're shopping in and what retailers you have access to.

I am from Pakistan

Currency is pkr

And biggest it 50k to 60k pkr depend 

I am not thinking of shipping because my country is really have high importing tex. And it takes months to arrive so thats not for me.

I am buying it from my local computer shop.

For price reference a i7 6th gen is 20k or 22k pkr so ya. 

14 minutes ago, Shahzeb_6000 said:

I am from Pakistan

Currency is pkr

And biggest it 50k to 60k pkr depend 

I am not thinking of shipping because my country is really have high importing tex. And it takes months to arrive so thats not for me.

I am buying it from my local computer shop.

For price reference a i7 6th gen is 20k or 22k pkr so ya.

That's about $77USD after conversion, so not a totally outrageous price for an i7 6700(K).

The 6700 will do better than your current i5. It's not a terrible pairing, as the RTX 2070 has about the same performance as a GTX 1080, and the i7 6700(K) was a commonly accepted pairing with that card.

There will always be a bottleneck in a system. The question is whether you are happy with the performance at the end of the day. If you play mostly single player games with higher graphical settings, then you're probably fine, although modern AAA titles have started to demand more CPU power than what an i7 6700(K) can provide. In competitive games with low-mid settings at 1080p, you'll still be totally CPU limited, but that's just the nature of those games.

But if that's what you have available to you, it's not a terrible option, and certainly is way better than your current i5 4560.

27 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

That's about $77USD after conversion, so not a totally outrageous price for an i7 6700(K).

The 6700 will do better than your current i5. It's not a terrible pairing, as the RTX 2070 has about the same performance as a GTX 1080, and the i7 6700(K) was a commonly accepted pairing with that card.

There will always be a bottleneck in a system. The question is whether you are happy with the performance at the end of the day. If you play mostly single player games with higher graphical settings, then you're probably fine, although modern AAA titles have started to demand more CPU power than what an i7 6700(K) can provide. In competitive games with low-mid settings at 1080p, you'll still be totally CPU limited, but that's just the nature of those games.

But if that's what you have available to you, it's not a terrible option, and certainly is way better than your current i5 4560.

By then they should just get a 4770 or 4790 since those are within 5% if a 6700(k) anyway and mean they don't need to platform swap.

Else op look for a used ryzen board, cpu and ram combi.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

By then they should just get a 4770 or 4790 since those are within 5% if a 6700(k) anyway and mean they don't need to platform swap.

Else op look for a used ryzen board, cpu and ram combi.

That was the case when it first launched, but in modern titles, the 6700K is generally about 18% faster than the 4770K.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fb304d41120a26ef1a0db289981851ff.png

This is a chart from a Hardware Unboxed video in 2021:

However, I agree that if a 4770 or 4790 is an option for around 10-15k pkr ($35-53 USD), then that's not a bad way to go. However, the OP should probably then also buy more RAM to get up to 16GB, as 8GB is pretty limiting in today's games.

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

That was the case when it first launched, but in modern titles, the 6700K is generally about 18% faster than the 4770K.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.fb304d41120a26ef1a0db289981851ff.png

This is a chart from a Hardware Unboxed video in 2021:

However, I agree that if a 4770 or 4790 is an option for around 10-15k pkr ($35-53 USD), then that's not a bad way to go. However, the OP should probably then also buy more RAM to get up to 16GB, as 8GB is pretty limiting in today's games.

Probs ddr4 carrying it now. Not surprised.

Either way the investment into the dead platform that is lga 1151 chipset 100-200 is absolutly not worth it and as you mention the 4770 or 4790 would be a budget concious stopgap solution