My screen is showing burned images

I got a gaming laptop like a year ago its an ROG Zephurys M16 GU603HM, the issue is that a few weeks ago it started to show some lines in the lower part of the screen I thought it was a glitch or something after a while I realized it was a burned image from whatever is displayed for a long time on the screen, I wanted to know if there is a way to fix this issue, if I should try to replace the entire screen or if its just going to die eventually would appreciate any help. I send a picture i took with my camera of my screen you can clearly see the afected area, other than it usually works fine, It took me so long to notice as I use 2 monitors and the main one (which is the one with the issue I usually have black backgrounds so I couldnt noticed the burns at all)

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-30 at 1.14.04 PM.jpeg

If it is really burn in, it is caked into the lcd panel and it is probably a permanent feature from now on...  I know that at the age of CRT monitors, there was a slow fix that if you displayed the negative of the image burnt in to compensate and turn the affected monitor to a gray shade. Way subtler than the burnt in image.

But I'm not sure your monitor experienced burn in.  The picture is blurry and burn in usually affects the whole monitor. The Shortcuts icons or the Windows menu bar should be burnt at some point too.

The other reason I doubt it is burn in is because your monitor is IPS, and IPS is really resistant to burn in.

9 minutes ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

If it is really burn in, it is caked into the lcd panel and it is probably a permanent feature from now on...  I know that at the age of CRT monitors, there was a slow fix that if you displayed the negative of the image burnt in to compensate and turn the affected monitor to a gray shade. Way subtler than the burnt in image.

But I'm not sure your monitor experienced burn in.  The picture is blurry and burn in usually affects the whole monitor. The Shortcuts icons or the Windows menu bar should be burnt at some point too.

The other reason I doubt it is burn in is because your monitor is IPS, and IPS is really resistant to burn in.

Yea its weird the residual images disappear after a while when that area of the screen is exposed to a white or black background sometimes is not even noticeable, definetly not permanent as sometimes it just goes away

20 hours ago, DayLight said:

Yea its weird the residual images disappear after a while when that area of the screen is exposed to a white or black background sometimes is not even noticeable, definetly not permanent as sometimes it just goes away

If you use your monitor with a different computer (or a tv box), does the burn it still shows ?

At this point, it is possible that the computer is creating the burn in effect because of a video output malfunction or something.