Hello since the black Friday sale I decided to buy an SSD now and maybe RAM

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: League, Valorant, R6, Gta V.

My pc setup can be found on my profile
Most important my motherboard is
ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING, I have currently one 1TB HDD(wdc wd10ezex-22mfca0 )and 1 480GB SSD (kingston sa400s37480g)

Currently, I am shopping on citycenter.jo, I noticed their sale is good and I everything I own is from there, this SSD caught my eye https://citycenter.jo/clearance/storage/samsung-990-pro-1tb-pcie-4-0-nvme-m-2-2280-internal-solid-state-drive-ssd-up-to-7450-mb-simage.png.6ec045dfac522255c94775a5954f2eae.png
But while I was scrolling the 2TB SSDs

I saw this Kingston SSD KC3000 that had insane sale and I was wondering if its worth going from samsung 990pro 1TB to Kingston 2TB 
https://citycenter.jo/clearance/storage/kingston-kc3000-2tb-pcie-4-0-nvme-m-2-ssd-up-to-7-000mb-simage.png.6a9e0359f2bced79cc118d6d10ca5a7d.png

And for RAM, I currently have 2 2400MHz 8GBs sticks 
Wanted to take advantage of this sale and get 2 sticks of any of these options 
image.png.983164cd3e8a6925def9284982736cec.png
I am not sure though how the mix up in speed would work on the PC
Thanks a lot for the help! 

That RAM won't work in your B350 board though.  You need DDR4 RAM not DDR5.  Get 3200MHz

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

@SimplyChunk @Tan3l6 Thanks for pointing out the RAM point 
But about the idea of my other two 2400MHz how will my pc use these RAMs since I will end up with 16GB 2400MHz and 16GB 3200MHz
Would it work correctly that the new ones will go at that speed ? or will they only go to the 2400MHz speed? sorry if its  anoob question 
And will I notice the difference with this RAM addition ?

and for the SSD @Tan3l6 so the 2TB Kingston >> 1TB Samsung ?

12 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

and for the SSD @Tan3l6 so the 2TB Kingston >> 1TB Samsung ?

For the price certainly. KC3000 is one of the fastest PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives by the way.

My KC3000 has a big cooler, perhaps that's the reason why it's so cool.

12 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

But about the idea of my other two 2400MHz how will my pc use these RAMs since I will end up with 16GB 2400MHz and 16GB 3200MHz
Would it work correctly that the new ones will go at that speed ? or will they only go to the 2400MHz speed? sorry if its  anoob question 
And will I notice the difference with this RAM addition ?

I'd recommend not mixing RAMs with different speeds, as they run on the speed of the slowest RAM.

Rather sell the 2400Mhz RAM and buy faster kit. RAM speeds might show slight performance bump. At least going from 2400 to 3600MT/s

I edit my posts more often than not

2 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

That RAM won't work in your B350 board though.  You need DDR4 RAM not DDR5.  Get 3200MHz

^^^

Though if you arent interested in upgrading capacity to 32gb id reccomend against getting higher binned rams since you can just lazy overclock to 3200-3800 depending on ram ic

Send thaiphoon burner screenshot here to identify ic just to know what it is and what its capable of

2400 is an ancient bin so might even be dual rank 4gbit ics in which case going to a newer kit might actually lose performance clock for clock cause single rank instead of dual rank and much worse trfc

3 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

For the price certainly. KC3000 is one of the fastest PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives by the way.

My KC3000 has a big cooler, perhaps that's the reason why it's so cool.

I'd recommend not mixing RAMs with different speeds, as they run on the speed of the slowest RAM.

Rather sell the 2400Mhz RAM and buy faster kit. RAM speeds might show slight performance bump. At least going from 2400 to 3600MT/s

Thank you! then I will be getting the KC3000 I appreciate it 

@Somerandomtechyboi  Honestly I am bit lost with your reply 😅, I dont know that much so I dont know what ic referring to or what you think is best for me to do.
I was considering selling my two RAM sticks (if anyone buys them lol)
And get two new ones, is that what your suggestion meant?
I was checking Thaiphoon burner I will do my best to understand how to use it lol and send a screenshot

I was considering something like this, it looked cheap 
image.png.dd72b065ea97d494416bc97f8dab5bda.png

But not sure if its worth getting one stick 32GB from what I heard earlier when I built my PC its bad to have one stick?

I appreciate everyones help

18 hours ago, zaidh99 said:

Hello again, that was easy @Somerandomtechyboi
Here is one 
image.png.e6c42f993c12902be988326006580da5.png

Here is the second should be the same I think?
image.png.1e167f93029079e4adcb17373912b38f.png

Completely diff manufacturers

No idea on that nanya but that hynix should do 3800 with ease

As for tuning yea youll have to tune from scratch atleast for the nanya so take out the hynix stick and start tuning

Id start at 3600 19-22-22-22 1.4v with everything else on auto

18 hours ago, zaidh99 said:

I was considering something like this, it looked cheap image.png.dd72b065ea97d494416bc97f8dab5bda.png

Better to buy 2x16GB if planning to buy 32GB.

If not buying, then OC RAM as suggested.

I edit my posts more often than not

22 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Completely diff manufacturers

No idea on that nanya but that hynix should do 3800 with ease

As for tuning yea youll have to tune from scratch atleast for the nanya so take out the hynix stick and start tuning

Id start at 3600 19-22-22-22 1.4v with everything else on auto

Is tunning risky or too complicated? 
I never did it so I am not sure where to start 
And if you are sure that the hynix will do 3800Mhz meaning I only will get more RAM if I needed to but I need to also check what the other stick can do to make it match right?
How can I find that ?

24 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Better to buy 2x16GB if planning to buy 32GB.

Well it seems with what @ Somerandomtechyboi said I can be good with what I have then I will check if I need RAM increase

29 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

Is tunning risky or too complicated? 
I never did it so I am not sure where to start 
And if you are sure that the hynix will do 3800Mhz meaning I only will get more RAM if I needed to but I need to also check what the other stick can do to make it match right?
How can I find that ?

Its very easy for slow <4000

Subtimings can be abit tedious to tune but thats optional if you want the extra performance gain, though you can probs get most of the perf gain by just tightening trfc trrd-l/s trc and set tfaw = 1 so not actually tedious and alot more worthwhile than wasting your time with the primaries

Risk is non existent so you can throw that worry in the garbage, youll only see some sort of risk when you start doing some real 1.7v+ overclocks at well over 4600 but even then the risk is negligable and more so to the os rather than the hardware as a particularly unstable ram oc can corrupt your os though this is not something to worry about at lower speeds

besides if your rams degrade at only 1.7v its problably a trash ic and belongs in the trash bin to begin with though there are some exceptions like that hynix cjr you have, but probs not a worry as long as you arent pushing >1.6v which isnt neccesary for just 3800 unless you are wasting your voltage on cl which is a pretty useless timing for performance relative to how much volt it gobbles and vs ram freq

As for the other stick hynix cjr has lots of oc profiles and is likely gonna work with that nanya unlesss the nanya happens to be a better ic than the hynix cjr, so matching the profiles is simply just running them both at the capabilities of the worst stick

8 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Its very easy for slow <4000

Subtimings can be abit tedious to tune but thats optional if you want the extra performance gain, though you can probs get most of the perf gain by just tightening trfc trrd-l/s trc and set tfaw = 1 so not actually tedious and alot more worthwhile than wasting your time with the primaries

Risk is non existent so you can throw that worry in the garbage, youll only see some sort of risk when you start doing some real 1.7v+ overclocks at well over 4600 but even then the risk is negligable and more so to the os rather than the hardware as a particularly unstable ram oc can corrupt your os though this is not something to worry about at lower speeds

besides if your rams degrade at only 1.7v its problably a trash ic and belongs in the trash bin to begin with though there are some exceptions like that hynix cjr you have, but probs not a worry as long as you arent pushing >1.6v which isnt neccesary for just 3800 unless you are wasting your voltage on cl which is a pretty useless timing for performance relative to how much volt it gobbles and vs ram freq

As for the other stick hynix cjr has lots of oc profiles and is likely gonna work with that nanya unlesss the nanya happens to be a better ic than the hynix cjr, so matching the profiles is simply just running them both at the capabilities of the worst stick

I dont want to disturb you with going through the process with me, is there a video or a clear documentation so I can go through it and try if it works for me ?
Thanks a lot 

1 minute ago, zaidh99 said:

I dont want to disturb you with going through the process with me, is there a video or a clear documentation so I can go through it and try if it works for me ?
Thanks a lot 

Nah i dont mind helping

Most of those oc guides are dummies that dont know how to do a proper oc nor have optimal oc methodology, so itll take absolutely forever to actually tune your rams not to mention since they generally dont talk about subtimings cause again dummies that dont know how to ram overclock you dont even get the performance aspect of ocing rams

Besides its very simple for these speeds

Just checked for nanya a die and holy shit these are absolutely insane ics

<300trfc at 3800c16 1.4v so it does similar trfc to 4gbit ics

In that case just plug this guys settings onto that nanya ram and see if it works

Btw can you take pics of both sides of that nanya stick? Genuinely interested to see if i can find some of these myself as theyre essentially samsung bdie alternatives and if such a low bin stick is equivalent to a binned 3200c14 bdie then thats pretty insane (there are 2133 samsung oem bdie m378a1k43bb2 but these are trash bin bdies and wont oc)

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

In that case just plug this guys settings onto that nanya ram and see if it works

Where should I plug these settings 🤔 I meant it when I said I am a noob in tunning heh sorry

Btw can you take pics of both sides of that nanya stick? Genuinely interested to see if i can find some of these myself as theyre essentially samsung bdie alternatives and if such a low bin stick is equivalent to a binned 3200c14 bdie then thats pretty insane (there are 2133 samsung oem bdie m378a1k43bb2 but these are trash bin bdies and wont oc)

You mean the physical photo of the sides?

33 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

Where should I plug these settings 🤔 I meant it when I said I am a noob in tunning heh sorry

Mobo bios

If you are confused just send some pics of the bios mainly the tweaking/oc menu and submenus

33 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

You mean the physical photo of the sides?

Yep

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Mobo bios

If you are confused just send some pics of the bios mainly the tweaking/oc menu and submenus

Yep

Okay going into bios now hopefully I figure out 

hopefully you are on the lookout when I send a message lol

also here is the picture 

IMG_2371.jpeg

IMG_2370.jpeg

@Somerandomtechyboisorry for the amount of tags

i got a couple left undone from the DRAM timing control page

I got

• dram cas# latency
  • dram ras# pre time
  • dram ras# act time
  • trcpage
  • mem over clock fail count

i didnt find them in the screen but there is quite few in the screenshot I didnt find on the settings

should I save and exist now or there is more stuff I should change?

found only two outside the timing page

vddg iod voltage control and cldo vddp voltage

Also not sure if. I applied these settings only for one of the sticks ?😐

Here are the changes now waiting my pc to boot, loud noise and nothing showing up will leave it for more 

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2376.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg