Corsair Vengence RGB lags then eventually freezes

Iron_Ninja5
Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,
3 hours ago, Iron_Ninja5 said:
I just built a new computer with 2 sticks of RGB Ram from corsair which are controlled through their iCue software. The problem is when the ram is controlled through the iCue software it starts to lag heavily then evenutally freezes and iCue shows a red triangle with error "iCue has stopped receiving data from dram, please restart or power cycle your system to fix this problem". The RAM Remains frozen like this until I restart my computer. I have tried completely killing any iCue process from the task manager and after reboot it doesn't even show up in iCue.

This is a fresh install of windows and I've never installed any other RGB control software that could interfere with iCue (this seems to be the only troubleshooting tip I can find online). The only hardware monitoring software I've installed is HWiNFO and I don't think that should interfere with iCue if I never start it. The only BIOS settings I've changed related to ram are enabling XMP and manually setting DRAM Frequency: 6000 and Memory Context Restore: Enabled. Though I've tried turning them off and still had these issues, so I don't think they should be causing problems either. I've also tried only having 1 stick of ram in the system and it still had this issue.

If anyone has any BIOS tips or other advice for fixing this that would be great.

Specs:
MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5
2 x 32GB Corsair Vengence RGB
Ryzen 9 7900X
Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD
Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold
Corsair iCUE 4000D RGB AIRFLOW

so... a bit hard to read - does this also happen if you change *absolutely nothing* in the BIOS?

i always shudder when people say "yeah thing isn't working and i only changed these random settings that definitely could make it malfunction"... but yeah,  unclear at this point? 

Also:

BIOS updated to latest version?

Chipset drivers latest version installed? 

which version of icue is installed exactly? 

possible solutions: use openRGB, possibly uninstall icue, buy gskill ram instead, buy another motherboard... 

I just built a new computer with 2 sticks of RGB Ram from corsair which are controlled through their iCue software. The problem is when the ram is controlled through the iCue software it starts to lag heavily then evenutally freezes and iCue shows a red triangle with error "iCue has stopped receiving data from dram, please restart or power cycle your system to fix this problem". The RAM Remains frozen like this until I restart my computer. I have tried completely killing any iCue process from the task manager and after reboot it doesn't even show up in iCue.

This is a fresh install of windows and I've never installed any other RGB control software that could interfere with iCue (this seems to be the only troubleshooting tip I can find online). The only hardware monitoring software I've installed is HWiNFO and I don't think that should interfere with iCue if I never start it. The only BIOS settings I've changed related to ram are enabling XMP and manually setting DRAM Frequency: 6000 and Memory Context Restore: Enabled. Though I've tried turning them off and still had these issues, so I don't think they should be causing problems either. I've also tried only having 1 stick of ram in the system and it still had this issue.

If anyone has any BIOS tips or other advice for fixing this that would be great.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 7900X

3 hours ago, Iron_Ninja5 said:

Specs:
Ryzen 9 7900X

so... a bit hard to read - does this also happen if you change *absolutely nothing* in the BIOS?

i always shudder when people say "yeah thing isn't working and i only changed these random settings that definitely could make it malfunction"... but yeah,  unclear at this point? 

Also:

BIOS updated to latest version?

Chipset drivers latest version installed? 

which version of icue is installed exactly? 

possible solutions: use openRGB, possibly uninstall icue, buy gskill ram instead, buy another motherboard... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity