What could possibly be the culprit?

itsmefzl
Go to solution Solved by Heats with Nvidia,

Unfortunately, its very possible that both gpus habe some problems. You need a way to verify, if your gt430 works. So yet another GPU would be a good idea.

System Configuration:
Motherboard: Asrock AB350M-HDV
Processor: Ryzen 3 1200
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance
Graphics Card: Zotac Nvidia GTX 1650 Super 4GB
Storage: Seagate 1TB Hard Disk
PSU: FSP Hexa 500W

So, the issue is when I try to boot my PC up, It gives me no display along with 5 long beeps, which according to what I read, means "no graphics card detected".

I've had this problem for a while. Whenever I start my PC, it happens. It usually got fixed by resetting the BIOS or reseating RAM, GPU, power cables, etc. Not sure what really fixed it, it feels somewhat random, if that make sense. But since last week it seems like these "procedures" doesn't do anything. Always 5 long beeps, got no display.

I have tried various configurations, with a single RAM stick installed, switched RAM slots, check for bent pins on my processor, reset BIOS, still no luck.

So at this point I thought the GPU is dead, so I tested it on my friend's computer and yes, I got "No Signal". But it seems like it got into windows (heard windows sounds from the speaker).

Next thing I tried was plug in a spare GPU on my board, which is an old Nvidia GT430. It worked for a bit, so I thought it's confirmed that my GTX 1650S is dead and planning to just use my old GPU until I get a replacement.

At first, it seems to run fine with my old GPU. I installed a fresh Windows. Got into it, but a few minutes later my screen went "No Signal". Pc reboots then gave me the 5 long beeps with no display again. I turned it off by long pressing the power and turned it back on.. again, 5 long beeps. Few tries later, same result.

I did BIOS reset, I got display but my PC keeps bootlooping right before it gets to windows login screen.

Tried reinstalling Windows again (several times), same thing. After a few minutes screen went blank, restart. Sometimes with 5 beeps, sometimes not.  After that, it bootloops.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me pinpoint the problem because I'm really lost!

Thank you!

Note: Please excuse my English. It is not my 1st language.

Does it have less issues if you lay the case flat, or with the motherboard outside of the case? I wonder if there's an issue with making proper contact.

There really might be a problem with your GPU. Do you know somebody, who can borrow you one, so you can try it with that one? It doesn`t have to be googd or new. It just needs to work.

Is your motherboard uptodate with its bios ?

I'd take the motherboard out of the case and try it minimal.

You could just upgrade the system.

I'm willing to swim against the current.

11 hours ago, Tetras said:

Does it have less issues if you lay the case flat, or with the motherboard outside of the case? I wonder if there's an issue with making proper contact.

To get a display, yes. But doesn't solve the issue with screen went blank after a few minutes on Windows with a spare GPU installed.

10 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

There really might be a problem with your GPU. Do you know somebody, who can borrow you one, so you can try it with that one? It doesn`t have to be googd or new. It just needs to work.

Yes I did try a spare GPU. It got me into windows, but after a few minutes, screen went blank and keeps rebooting. Keeps happening even after installing a fresh Windows. I wonder if both GPUs are faulty.

9 hours ago, leclod said:

Is your motherboard uptodate with its bios ?

I'd take the motherboard out of the case and try it minimal.

You could just upgrade the system.

Yes I tried updating my BIOS but it doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Is it possible if it's the problem with my motherboard or PSU instead? Like, motherboard/PSU is not giving enough power to the pci-e slot?

Update:

I tried my spare GPU again (a GT430), installed fresh Windows for several times. The thing I noticed is that the screen always went blank then system bootloops either when Windows has finished installing generic display driver, or when I manually installed Nvidia driver.

As for my main GPU (GTX 1650 Super). The issue is still the same. 5 beeps, no display.

Unfortunately, its very possible that both gpus habe some problems. You need a way to verify, if your gt430 works. So yet another GPU would be a good idea.

It could be a connection issue with that slot on the motherboard. Either physical damage, or some kind of short on the back of the motherboard. That's just a suggestion though. I'd check both gpus on another motherboard.

3 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

1 hour ago, CameronPDX said:

It could be a connection issue with that slot on the motherboard. Either physical damage, or some kind of short on the back of the motherboard. That's just a suggestion though. I'd check both gpus on another motherboard.

Checked both gpu on another motherboard and it turns out both gpus are faulty.

Plugged my friend's gpu on my board and it works just fine. Guess I have to look for a new gpu then.

Thank you for the help everyone!