Is the Ruckus R350 overkill for me?

Reversinatir

I am looking to set up a single-point access for my house. Currently, i have two nighthawk routers, one in my room on the second floor, and another in my mom's office on the first floor. I am creating a server rack in the attic and will be running a cable to the stairwell that is in the center of the house to put in a single access point to simplify the network. The livable space of the house is 2200 SqFt but we also have a basement and an attic that need coverage. I was looking at the Ruckus R350. The Nighthawk RAX120 seems it would meet my requirements but is the same price as the R350 and seems to be lower power. 

Additional note, I don't think the RAX120 or other Gaming-style routers would have the approval factor of my parents so I'm looking for more simple-looking devices that would blend into the tall ceiling of the stairwell better and just look like a weird smoke detector or something. 

These are my two options to mount the router. The stairwell going upstairs is near the front of the house and would be the easiest to run a drop to, the stairs going to the basement are nearly dead center in the house and wouldn't be an eye sore but would be a more difficult run, and might be where I mount it if I can get a drop there, which I might be able to use an old phone line as a pull through to get to the basement and run through the floor runners to the stairs.

20231128_090259~3.jpg

20231128_085900~2.jpg