my mf 1600 super and i3 10100f is runing fortnite like ass

Jexitt
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Try dx12 to lower cpu load.

Check.msi afterburner during gameplay and see gpu and PER CORE cpu usage. As well as temps.

Most likely due to latest fortnite updates the game is maxing that i3

hey
so my 1600super and i3 10100f is litterally averaging a stuttering 50fps on lowest possible settings
i did not pay 700 bucks for a computer that litterally cannot run a game which can run on a litteral pregnancy test.

32 minutes ago, Jexitt said:

hey
so my 1600super and i3 10100f is litterally averaging a stuttering 50fps on lowest possible settings
i did not pay 700 bucks for a computer that litterally cannot run a game which can run on a litteral pregnancy test.

What is a 1600 super? (Manufacturer, Series, etc.)

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I have no intentions of being rude or offending anyone. If you feel offended by something I said, I am sorry.

F@H-Stats

The Folding machine:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-something(TM)

GPU: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: EVGA 600BR (600W)

OS: Debian 12 (it's barely tolerable in terms of user friendlyness, but better than the alternatives.)

ah all good the exact model is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1600 Super

1 minute ago, Jexitt said:

ah all good the exact model is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1600 Super

GTX 1650 Super or GTX 1660 Super? GTX 1600 Super is only the lineup that includes these 2 cards.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I have no intentions of being rude or offending anyone. If you feel offended by something I said, I am sorry.

F@H-Stats

The Folding machine:

OS: Debian 12 (it's barely tolerable in terms of user friendlyness, but better than the alternatives.)

1 minute ago, Average nerd said:

GTX 1650 Super or GTX 1660 Super? GTX 1600 Super is only the lineup that includes these 2 cards.

It is the GTX 1660 Super

1 minute ago, Jexitt said:

It is the GTX 1660 Super

Thanks, that gives me a good starting point.

According to the PassMark benchmarking site, the GTX 1660 Super has an average DirectX 12 performance of 48 FPS, which is within margin of error of what you´re seeing. Try setting the Graphics API to DirectX 11, which should drastically improve performance.

F@H-Stats

The Folding machine:

Try dx12 to lower cpu load.

Check.msi afterburner during gameplay and see gpu and PER CORE cpu usage. As well as temps.

Most likely due to latest fortnite updates the game is maxing that i3

56 minutes ago, Jexitt said:

hey

can you post other system specs. like this,

processor:

gpu:

RAM:

storage:

motherboard:

PSU:

But also, try turning off lumen and try to see if you can't turn the graphics a little lower.