AMD 14.4 Color issue - Grey is now Pink in OS

Today I updated my AMD driver from 13.9 to 14.4

However I launched chrome and now the menu bars and bookmark bar are slightly pink - when regularly they should be the default grey gradient

And then went on to find out that the same color (grey/gradient) is slightly pink all over windows as well.

The whites and other colours show up just fine. but only the grey gradient is now pink.

No idea why this has happened but im assuming its because of the driver update
My monitor settings have remained constant. no changes
My windows colors and themes are stock with no changes
Even in the AMD control center it shows all the color settings as default with no changes

UPDATE: it seems that the attached screenshot looks fine on all other monitors and devices...but the pink hue only exists on my pc...my monitors setting are still what they were before the AMD update
UPDATE 2:  the attached screenshot has all the pink areas highlighted. these areas are usually grey or grey gradient by default in Win7...

HELP ! its driving me crazy

PS im not color blind.

Thanks.

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

I have no Idea how to fix this but in this screenshot it just looks normal.

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

check your cables.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yeah, pretty sure it's either your cables or your monitor, dude.

EDIT: Try rolling back drivers. Maybe it just messed up with something between the GPU and the monitor. Cause it looks fine on my screen.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Random. Check your color settings in Catalyst? Pretty sure there was an area to do that. Or check the color settings on your monitor.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

I have no Idea how to fix this but in this screenshot it just looks normal.

Yea i am going to try a different monitor tomorrow to see maybe if this old thing is finally dying

check your cables.

checked, seems fine

EDIT: Try rolling back drivers. Maybe it just messed up with something between the GPU and the monitor. Cause it looks fine on my screen.

If i rollback drivers it would go back to 13.9 ? only reason i updated was because bf4 wouldnt run on 13.9 (thats a whole other topic. just bought it today and it crashes in the first 5 seconds)

Random. Check your color settings in Catalyst? Pretty sure there was an area to do that. Or check the color settings on your monitor.

All color settings everywhere are at default. i never messed with those

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

You cannot screenshot a faulty video cable.

Use amd cleanup utility and install again 14.4 using windows update instead.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

You cannot screenshot a faulty video cable.

Use amd cleanup utility and install again 14.4 using windows update instead.

UPDATE 

ACER 1 (my current monitor) = has the pink problem

AOC Monitor  = does not have the pink problem

ACER 2 (my brothers identical monitor) = has the pink problem

If i use this AMD Cleanup Utility, will it delete my motherboard drivers as well? since it is an AMD 890FXa chipset?

I uninstalled AMD Catalyst 14.4 with all its drivers and the pink problem is gone...

Change the colour temperature to 6500k in CCC. That should get rid of the pink tinge. Edit: I think 14.4 defaults to 6400k for some reason.
QOoqqjp.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i had this same issue and found this forum,  as plutomok i also updated to 14.4, the problem is not a bad cable but what aleatoric posted, thanks for the solution.

Here is the solution (from another forum):

"If you have slightly pink areas on your browsers etc after installing these you need to open CCC/My Digital Flat Panels/Display Colour and tick the EDID box to get it back to white again."

Works like a charm and will set your colors to what they were before they turned pink.

is it possible that its always been pink?  you say you arent colourblind, but maybe you were and never knew it! but arent now <_<

i know, im a genius.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

That's your cables because it's Gray for me. I use to use a switch box and it did the same thing. Make sure your cables are plugged in properly. If it is a driver then it's not when you screen print but the output from the GPU has gone wrong.

AMD FX 6350 @4.3GHz | Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 Rev. 3.0 | 8GB Dual Channel @1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP | 2GB MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition

CiT Vengeance x11 | 500GB Segate, 2TB WD Green, 2TB WD Red | OCZ ZT 650W | Akasa Venom Voodoo | Ozone 5.1 Strato Evolution

• 1 month later...

Just registered to thank Aleatoric and people after for suggesting EDID and the colour profile change. I've literally just installed the drivers and watched my monitor go black and come up with all the whites/grays tinted pink, changing to 6500K (EDID looks almost as good) sorted me out.

I had the same problem when updating and Aleatoric's solution worked.... for some reason the default is 6400k but mine was always 6500k

I had it as well, just removed the driver with some cleaning tools and installed it again and it was gone.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, the 6500K fix worked. thanks 

• 7 years later...

Ok guys. I know I'm kinda late but I was really pissed off because my things were pinkish purple too. But I figured out if you change the pixel format it will change. Mine was set to YCbCr format and all I had to do was switch it to RGB pixel format in the AMD Adrenaline settings. Hope this helps!