Router and Wifi Questions

So basically my problem is that I want to see how to improve my internet speed on my Ps4. I just moved into a rental house where the owner provides wifi. At my old place, I just plugged my router into the wall port and ran an ethernet cable to my Ps4 for a Lan connection and it was super fast. Now I cannot run a long enough cable to the owner's router and the 2.4 GHz that the Ps4 connects to is very slow and unusable. The 5g connection from the owner's router is fine on my computer and phone, but the Ps4 internet is slow. I have my own router here and when I tried plugging it into an ethernet port on the wall in my room it didn't get any internet connection. The router the owner has is a gigaspire connected to what I believe is a modem provided by the ISP that is connected to a GPON thing on the wall. How can I either hook up my router in my room or improve my internet speed? 

Well the 5ghz is fast and good for managing multiple devices but bad at distance and passing through walls. So if your PS4 is too far then that's a problem. For the wall ethernet socket to work you or rathe your landlord needs to have it set up correctly into the ethernet box which it probably isn't right now. You can suggest and offer to do that so you can use the socket. Next best option would be a super long ethenet cable. I have a flat 15m cable that works perfectly fine and sticks to the floor but your millage may vary and your Land "LORD" my not allow that.

first thing to try is to get your router at least off the ground. wifi range is at it's best when your router is near the ceiling. but getting it at least on a table might help a bit. you could just buy a super long ethernet cable. you'd need to check yourself how you'd get it from the router to the console and how long of a cable you need. you could also buy a wifi repeater and connect your ps4 for that. even a cheap one should do the job as long as it's a reputable brand. lastly, check if there's any ethernet jacks around your house. you may be able to connect your router to one and connect your ps4 to another one. they look something like this:

https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/3af38f96-7c26-4b4c-918c-c39537e62aff/svn/white-zenith-wall-jack-kits-vw6erj11w-64_1000.jpg

The Ethernet outlet in your room needs to be plugged into a switch on the other end to function. You can then plug in your router and put it in access point mode to avoid double NAT, and you should be good to go.