My PC keeps crashing while playing games.

My pc is:

Ryzen 7 5700x

Asus Prime B550m -A- wifi ii motherboard

3060 ti lhr

apevia 600w

Windows 11

If there is a memory dump, post it. See sticky.

also, if you can post the event viewer -> windows logs -> system errors and critical (use filter) that would be helpful.

Also what game?  I ask because I have had to mess with Marvel Midnight Suns to get it to work, and recently had to apply a mod to Dragon Age Origins to keep it from crashing every 20 min on Win 11.

10 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

What kind of crash?

I don’t know but my computer stayed on and then reset.

9 hours ago, DarkWaterSong said:

Also what game?  I ask because I have had to mess with Marvel Midnight Suns to get it to work, and recently had to apply a mod to Dragon Age Origins to keep it from crashing every 20 min on Win 11.

Any game that is demanding. Rocket league, Fortnite, tabs.

11 hours ago, Whatisthis said:

If there is a memory dump, post it. See sticky.

also, if you can post the event viewer -> windows logs -> system errors and critical (use filter) that would be helpful.

How would I post that

7 hours ago, SantoCimbalo said:

Any game that is demanding. Rocket league, Fortnite, tabs.

See if their is a guide for your OS for those games.  Reason is you may need to install DirectX 9, an older .Net version or some other minor hack to get them to work.

Just most of them are older than Win 10, and if you are on Win 11 it just did not ship with a bunch of the apps, .dlls, and drivers older games need.

42 minutes ago, DarkWaterSong said:

See if their is a guide for your OS for those games.  Reason is you may need to install DirectX 9, an older .Net version or some other minor hack to get them to work.

Just most of them are older than Win 10, and if you are on Win 11 it just did not ship with a bunch of the apps, .dlls, and drivers older games need.

This has not affected me before. I have had my computer for 4 months and I have been playing games all of that time.I think maybe my psu could be an issue but I don't know.

3 minutes ago, SantoCimbalo said:

This has not affected me before. I have had my computer for 4 months and I have been playing games all of that time.I think maybe my psu could be an issue but I don't know.

How dusty is your PC?  Have you checked the thermal paste?  I ask because if you did not have good thermals to begin with, those two can really cause issues.  And yes I have had bad thermal paste on a new GPU before.

The only reason the PSU might be under powered for your rig, just I know the 4000 series Nvidia cards can have some annoying power spikes that need you to run a power supply 200 watts over the recommended or more.  Not as sure about the 3060 simply because of all the different configs 3rd parties sell them in.  Honestly getting a 750 or 800 watt will also make the power supply last longer, as they age slower if you don't run them at their max power all the time.

4 hours ago, DarkWaterSong said:

How dusty is your PC?  Have you checked the thermal paste?  I ask because if you did not have good thermals to begin with, those two can really cause issues.  And yes I have had bad thermal paste on a new GPU before.

The only reason the PSU might be under powered for your rig, just I know the 4000 series Nvidia cards can have some annoying power spikes that need you to run a power supply 200 watts over the recommended or more.  Not as sure about the 3060 simply because of all the different configs 3rd parties sell them in.  Honestly getting a 750 or 800 watt will also make the power supply last longer, as they age slower if you don't run them at their max power all the time.

I have done a lot of stress test before and it happens immediately when I go onto any game except for like Adventure Capitalist .

1 hour ago, SantoCimbalo said:

It is a gainward ghost lhr 3060 ti

Hmm...what FPS are you getting before the crash?  I ask because if you are getting more than 200 FPS, you probably want to limit the FPS.  Also did some checking, and your card is not the does not have the best fans or cooler design.  So as it has aged, you may have issues like fan bearings starting to wear or thermal paste drying / dying out.

Also use HW Info, MSI Afterburner, even GeForce Experience to check the Watts and volts your system is pulling before you video card crashes.  Also you should be able to enable logging to see what exactly is crashing with these programs.

Just heat, power, and bad drivers sound to be your issue.

10 hours ago, DarkWaterSong said:

Hmm...what FPS are you getting before the crash?  I ask because if you are getting more than 200 FPS, you probably want to limit the FPS.  Also did some checking, and your card is not the does not have the best fans or cooler design.  So as it has aged, you may have issues like fan bearings starting to wear or thermal paste drying / dying out.

Also use HW Info, MSI Afterburner, even GeForce Experience to check the Watts and volts your system is pulling before you video card crashes.  Also you should be able to enable logging to see what exactly is crashing with these programs.

Just heat, power, and bad drivers sound to be your issue.

I cant change the fps because as soon as I go on my game my pc completely restarts

Also, when I tried today it didn't immediately crash.Do PSU's discharge over 8 hours. I've heard bad things about apevia so that is why I'm focusing on the PSU.

It seems to be temperature because when I run a very aggressive fan curve I can run tabs just fine. I'm going to keep it on tabs for a while and I'm going to see if my pc crashes.

It seems to be my gpu because when I run Cinebench it's fine but when I run a game it crashes.