Deepcool Assassin IV First Impressions

lesi20

Pros:

-Compared to an eSports 34 Duo it lowered my temperatures by 6-10 C° during gameplay

-Looks sleek as hell

-Its also a lot quieter. Even in Performance Mode (I left it to Quiet Mode)

Cons

-Its a big boyo. It looks cool but I had to remove my rear exhaust fan sadly (Arctic p12). Might fit a smaller one tho.

-Its gonna be a pain in the butt replacing the between the CPU and GPU

1686322221920.jpg

1686323049690 (1).jpg

Hows the digital display? Does it look good in person?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

What region are you in and where did you buy it? 

6 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Does it have one? I believe just the logo is lit up but otherwise nothing. The digital AK/AG models have the digital display with the temp readout and all that. Unless i'm just missing something on the Assassin IV!

16 minutes ago, lesi20 said:

-Its a big boyo. It looks cool but I had to remove my rear exhaust fan sadly (Arctic p12). Might fit a smaller one tho.

I wouldn't say its unfortunate, its kinda by design.

I used an NH-D15s in a similar way by only having a single fan on it and its flush to the exhaust fan.  It works well by forcing the air to vent straight out of the case.

I wonder if your top fan is doing much though as there seems to be little clearance.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

23 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

It didn't came with the display sadly.

16 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I wouldn't say its unfortunate, its kinda by design.

I used an NH-D15s in a similar way by only having a single fan on it and its flush to the exhaust fan.  It works well by forcing the air to vent straight out of the case.

I wonder if your top fan is doing much though as there seems to be little clearance.

It might help a very little with the airflow (concentrating the airflow to the opening of the CPU cooler) however I really wanted one exhaust fan on the PC. I might add another one for intake next to it. 

2 hours ago, lesi20 said:

Pros:

-Compared to an eSports 34 Duo it lowered my temperatures by 6-10 C° during gameplay

-Looks sleek as hell

-Its also a lot quieter. Even in Performance Mode (I left it to Quiet Mode)

Cons

-Its gonna be a pain in the butt replacing the between the CPU and GPU

Thanks for sharing the results!

1 hour ago, lesi20 said:

It might help a very little with the airflow (concentrating the airflow to the opening of the CPU cooler) however I really wanted one exhaust fan on the PC. I might add another one for intake next to it. 

You could externally mount the exhaust fan...

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Thanks for sharing the results!

You could externally mount the exhaust fan...

There's no point, once the air is out of the case, its dealt with.

5 hours ago, lesi20 said:

That could cancel it out entirely, as it will suck the air exhausted straight back in.  Top is mostly useful for radiators, or in my case my CPU cooler is a single tower so the top-back exhaust does help a little to shave a few degrees off under load.

Its not just about throwing more airflow at the problem, its about really thinking about where its going.  Ideally you want as straight an air path as possible, which that cooler is doing great on its own.  It may even be that blocking the top of the case entirely improves airflow as it reduces air escaping without cooling anything first.

For example I found 3x120mm intakes were actually worse in my case compared to 2x140mm, despite their rated airflow being higher.  As the bottom 140mm blows directly under my GPU, the top directly at the CPU cooler.  Blowing air at the end of the GPU if anything was a negative as it caused turbulence which can cause hot spots.

Remember that the goal of cooling is to force air into all the places you want to cool and then out of the case as far away from the intake as possible, so it can't be sucked back in until the heat has dissipated into the room.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

5 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

What region are you in and where did you buy it? 

Do we get to know where you bought it? 

8 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Do we get to know where you bought it? 

I'm from Hungary and a couple local retailers sell it already 

Also heres a video about the fan noise and comparison of my previous cooler (eSport 34 Duo) during gameplay (without PBO2 Settings) 

4 hours ago, lesi20 said:

I'm from Hungary and a couple local retailers sell it already 

I guess it's not surprising, since it's a Chinese product, that it's already in Europe.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Pretty great temperature numbers. 10-13 C° lower

On 6/9/2023 at 1:07 PM, lesi20 said:

Get someone to 3d print a little shroud from the heat sink fan to the back exhaust. Should be a fun / easy little project.