PC Instantly Reboots and stuck in black before the windows welcome screen.

AzulBluer
Go to solution Solved by AzulBluer,

Fixed the problem. It was the PSU grounding on the motherboard standoffs.

Good day guys this is my first post in the forums, I really need some assistance today about my computer. The build is a Ryzen Series Processor with MSI Motherboard and 8x1 Gb of RAM, the problems that I am facing  from my computer is it instantly reboots when it's booting up to windows then goes stuck in black screen without mouse and keyboard LED's  being turn on. I am not confident enough if the issue came from PSU or from the Motherboard ( I am hoping Motherboard is not the issue).  I am hoping for your kind response. 

Edited by AzulBluer
Need to be polite

new build or working computer stop working?

do you have a discrete gpu? if not, which ryzen processor do you have?

9 minutes ago, cautiouslyoptimistic said:

new build or working computer stop working?

do you have a discrete gpu? if not, which ryzen processor do you have?

It's an old build from 2019. Ryzen 5 340G is the processor with iGPU. 

Processor seems working fine because I can see the display where the bios screen would show up and booting up windows before it instantly reboots itself and no display again (No LED from keyboard and mouse). I just replaced the ram thinking it was the issue yesterday. 

some info that might help people help you are the following

When exactly did the issue start?

What were you doing before the issue and have you downloaded anything from the web ?

have you experienced anything odd previously or has this issue without any warning just started ?

you mention 8 x 1GB ram ? so you are using 8 sticks ? or 1 stick 8 GB as it was not exactly clear to me.

also do you have your USB thumb drive with the recovery tools or did you just skip that when installing windows ?

if you have the recovery tools try them to see if you get to the screen.

also check your cables to the screen just in case something is going on but it is not visible......my cat dislodged a cable one time and I wasted an hour hunting for an issue that was solved in 2 seconds had i checked a stupid cable.......but then I am 65 so the occasional brain fart is permitted. 🙂

38 minutes ago, AzulBluer said:

It's an old build from 2019. Ryzen 5 340G is the processor with iGPU. 

Processor seems working fine because I can see the display where the bios screen would show up and booting up windows before it instantly reboots itself and no display again (No LED from keyboard and mouse). I just replaced the ram thinking it was the issue yesterday. 

try use another computer to make a bootable linux usb, for example linux mint. if you can boot your computer into linux mint then theres probably a problem with your windows installation, or less likely disk failure.

29 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

some info that might help people help you are the following

When exactly did the issue start?

What were you doing before the issue and have you downloaded anything from the web ?

have you experienced anything odd previously or has this issue without any warning just started ?

you mention 8 x 1GB ram ? so you are using 8 sticks ? or 1 stick 8 GB as it was not exactly clear to me.

also do you have your USB thumb drive with the recovery tools or did you just skip that when installing windows ?

if you have the recovery tools try them to see if you get to the screen.

also check your cables to the screen just in case something is going on but it is not visible......my cat dislodged a cable one time and I wasted an hour hunting for an issue that was solved in 2 seconds had i checked a stupid cable.......but then I am 65 so the occasional brain fart is permitted. 🙂

Just yesterday.

Just browsing the web apparently with slight gaming.

Well it has no warning, just instantly turns off.

1 Stick 8GB 

No, I did not reinstall windows I just reinstalled it a year ago.

I'll check it later morning it's already midnight in my timezone

9 minutes ago, cautiouslyoptimistic said:

try use another computer to make a bootable linux usb, for example linux mint. if you can boot your computer into linux mint then theres probably a problem with your windows installation, or less likely disk failure.

I will try that.. still doubting it's a mother or psu issue though.

Fixed the problem. It was the PSU grounding on the motherboard standoffs.