Ideal type of air duster?

Go to solution Solved by CWALD,

we had one of these at my last job and it was amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Powerful-Electronic-Environmentally-Friendly/dp/B01FWSYOME 

I rarely post so forgive me if this is the wrong place for this specific question, but I'm looking into buying an air duster to make cleaning my keyboard and pc easier but I've no clue what sort of rpm/power would be best, I don't wanna buy the strongest I can find and use it only to find out its bad, so if any of you could help direct me, it'd be very appreciated, thank you.

1 minute ago, SomeRandomBrit said:

buying an air duster to make cleaning my keyboard and pc easier but I've no clue what sort of rpm/power would be best, I don't wanna buy the strongest I can find and use it only to find out its bad, so if any of you could help direct me, it'd be very appreciated, thank you.

this ones very good Amazon.com: Compressed Air 3.0- Multi-Use Electric Air Duster for Cleaning Dust, Hairs, Crumbs, Scraps for Laptop, Computer, Replaces Compressed Air Cans (STAHM3.0-White) : Electronics

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Maybe blowing dust everywhere just to have it settle back down on your belongings works for some people but I stopped doing that 10+ years ago. Anti-static detail brushes and just your home vacuum hose to follow along and suck up the airborne dust. Far more effective for periodic maintenance and far less mess. No, you aren't sticking the vacuum hose directly on or near components. The brush is dislodging the dust and you're just sucking it up while airborne. 

Now, disaster PC's that never get maintenance, sure, blowing out dust is fine since you're probably bringing it outside to begin with. 

The stuff on my desk I take care of? I'm not adding to the airborne dust, i'd rather suck it up. Anyway, just a thought. 

24 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Maybe blowing dust everywhere just to have it settle back down on your belongings works for some people but I stopped doing that 10+ years ago. Anti-static detail brushes and just your home vacuum hose to follow along and suck up the airborne dust. Far more effective for periodic maintenance and far less mess. No, you aren't sticking the vacuum hose directly on or near components. The brush is dislodging the dust and you're just sucking it up while airborne. 

Now, disaster PC's that never get maintenance, sure, blowing out dust is fine since you're probably bringing it outside to begin with. 

The stuff on my desk I take care of? I'm not adding to the airborne dust, i'd rather suck it up. Anyway, just a thought. 

Perhaps you're right but by the same logic you could do the same while blowing the dust out, have a vacuum catching it all. My pc isn't a disaster one so there's no need to take it outside, frankly the air duster would mostly be for my keyboard as a decent amount seems to gather under the keycaps and I don't want to have to pull them off ever time I need to clean. Thank you for the input though, I will keep it in mind.

Buying a special tool that's only good for blowing off electronics doesn't make sense to me, unless you're running a shop where you do it a lot.

I'd recommend an air compressor or a leaf blower.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

11 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Buying a special tool that's only good for blowing off electronics doesn't make sense to me, unless you're running a shop where you do it a lot.

I'd recommend an air compressor or a leaf blower.

while this does work be carful as they have a much higher output and especially the air compressor can damage components. As long as you keep it a few feet away it should be fine though. Personally I just use canned air for home stuff since I live in an apartment and don't have things like an air compressor. But man, the dedicated blower is super nice if you can justify it.

I can only recommend datavac, it has been highly praised for decades. 
you have to be careful with a lot of blowers as they can pose an ESD hazard. 
an air compressor imo shouldnt be used due to moisture issues, at least not without an air dryer. And you do have to be a bit careful. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FWSYOME

2 hours ago, CWALD said:

we had one of these at my last job and it was amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Powerful-Electronic-Environmentally-Friendly/dp/B01FWSYOME 

@SomeRandomBrit I picked up one of these from a Newegg sale from another random brand name (probably same exact factory making it) about a decade ago and I still have it, its how I dust out anything still. Looks to be the same 500W spec motor that my model has.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017