I brought XFX Speedster MERC 319 AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT but it has Strang box is this GPU counterfeit?

Mahdi87

basically the title. here is the photo of the box

۲۰۲۳۰۶۰۶_۱۸۵۸۴۷1.jpg

1 minute ago, da na said:

what seems "Strang" about the box?

it doesn't have merc on it

1 minute ago, Mahdi87 said:

it doesn't have merc on it

Isn't it a Speedster and not a Merc 🙂 ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

On 6/6/2023 at 6:50 PM, PDifolco said:

Isn't it a Speedster and not a Merc 🙂 ?

the name is in the titel

On 6/6/2023 at 6:52 PM, da na said:

XFX's GPUs are called both.

Fine, just open and see what's in it

I'm using it right now

photo of the gpu

۲۰۲۳۰۶۰۶_۱۹۲۰۴۳.jpg

Just now, Mahdi87 said:

photo of the gpu

۲۰۲۳۰۶۰۶_۱۹۲۰۴۳.jpg

That is in fact a real XFX GPU, not a counterfeit. GPUs are incredibly hard to counterfeit because it's not like just anyone can buy a 6900 XT chip, only certain vendors have access to them.

5 minutes ago, da na said:

That is in fact a real XFX GPU, not a counterfeit. GPUs are incredibly hard to counterfeit because it's not like just anyone can buy a 6900 XT chip, only certain vendors have access to them.

what about the box? here is the info about this GPU(i overclocked so some info on the GPU z is not the stock ones)

Untitled.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

what about the box? here is the info about this GPU(i overclocked so some info on the GPU z is not the stock ones)

Untitled.jpg

The box does not matter. Your GPU is genuine. Sometimes vendors will change the box.

That vBIOS is for the Merc. The box doesn't matter.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/246466/246466

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, da na said:

The box does not matter. Your GPU is genuine. Sometimes vendors will change the box.

the thing is I bought it at a cheap price and it's not just the weird box, the serial number is weird too 

how can I check the serial number?

7 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

how can I check the serial number?

The sticker on the back plate of the graphics card down by the PCIE slot should have the S/N on it.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, Angusticlavii said:

It may be a used mining card sold as new

how can I know that it was used for mining (on the GPU bracket the wasn't any sign of the screw so i don't think it used on pc)

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

The sticker on the back plate of the graphics card down by the PCIE slot should have the S/N on it.

I know but how can I chek if the serial number is legit not counterfeit

3 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

I know but how can I chek if the serial number is legit not counterfeit

Contact XFX.

https://www.xfxforce.com/support/xfx-warranty

https://de.xfxforce.com/support/xfx-warranty

2nd link is for if you're not in USA or Canada. 

However, everything about that card looks legit. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

i run the stress test and put it at 20 loop here is the result

1.jpg

2.jpg

10 minutes ago, Mahdi87 said:

i run the stress test and put it at 20 loop here is the result

The results look very good - what you would expect from a new GPU

What price did you pay for it?

Might just be a good deal

4 minutes ago, Angusticlavii said:

The results look very good - what you would expect from a new GPU

What price did you pay for it?

Might just be a good deal

I live in Iran so you can't compare the price to the West (or honestly anywhere in the world) but it's 25%-30% cheaper than the new one. here is the screenshot of the xfx site

3.jpg

Yes the serial number seems a bit wierd but the performance confirms its a real 6900XT - It could be used tho so the purchase date would not match up with the Serial.

13 minutes ago, Angusticlavii said:

Yes the serial number seems a bit wierd but the performance confirms its a real 6900XT - It could be used tho so the purchase date would not match up with the Serial.

so do you think the serial number is fake? I subjected the GPU to the stress test three times in 20 loops and the result was the same as in the screenshot. if it was used, the result should be lower.

is the purchase date really important?