help - 3060ti (msi ventus 3x gddr6x) vs 6700xt (xfx speedster 309)

Hello, I am struggling between what graphics card to pick pout of the 3060ti and the 6700xt.    I currently have a 2060 super and am wanting an increase in performance but mainly a cooler and quieter card. I mainly play forza horizon 5, rainbow six siege and modded Minecraft with shaders. I'm not a big fan of dlss so that isnt important to me and rtx is a hit or miss for me so that isnt a neccesity. based of YouTube comparisons I just cant decide what the better option would be for a cooler and quitter card,  which is why I need your help.  From what ive seen gddr6x on the 3060 ti consumes around 25w on average compared to gddr6 with at most a 3fps gain. because of this i cant decide what is best as i want the most efficient card but I'm not that knowledgeable about amds drivers at this current time. the price does not matter at this time because they are so similar

I would love your 'professional' opinion to help me decide, thanks

i would get the 6700xt. the 3060ti is bottlnecked by vram and overall is not the better buy at the moment

not a professional and too lazy to do too much research on this right now.

From your goals, you probably would not consider overclocking, so you can just read/watch reviews of these cards. I usually just use techpowerup, and compare system power consumptions. You don't need to find review for those cards specifically, any other base-looking model will do for power consumption comparisons.

AFAIK ventus is one of the most basic models msi offers. still, both coolers looks substantial, so you may not find too much difference.

g6x version of 3060ti should draw more or less same amount of power as 6700xt, but 6700xt is a bit faster, i would call it a bit more efficient.

you should always google exact model of the card you're buying with issues, such as "ventus 3x 3060ti overheat" "ventus 3x 3060ti noise" "ventus 3x 3060ti problems" 

case airflow can make more difference, as the card never gets hot enough to trigger high fan rpm anyways.

also i have "zero fan" mode off on my cards, as i find sporadic spinning up of the fans far more annoy than constant low rpm idling, that and implication on hardware health.

i have also set a custom fan profile in msi afterburner, and set it to run on start.

i see you play r6. i don't. but, i bought a rx6700 and (could be placebo) felt esport games were a tad smoother on previous, underpowered gtx1650super. potentially nvidia driver has better optimisation. for me, as i only play that game really, if 3060ti were 5bucks cheaper than 6700xt, i would buy it over the amd option, as i don't play aaa titles and do not deal with 8gb vram limit. otherwise, for this tier of performance, 6700xt crushes on vram alone.

Until recently I had 3060ti and while satisfied... I would now pick the 6700XT instead. 

When I played FH5 at 1440p Extreme settings after release I was constantly running out of VRAM... The game was literally throwing Out of VRAM errors at me. Also had graphical issues after prolonged game session because of it. 

Lowering settings helped resolve the issue though. 

Most recent games also need more than 8GB if you want to enjoy higher quality textures. 

The cards should perform similarly with the 6700X having a little edge in some games. 

Not a pro, but have two full AMD rigs, 3900X + RX 6900 XT and 5900X + RX 7900 XTX, and while I've experienced minor issues with Adrenalin drivers, it's nothing to write home about. Now playing DSR, Siberian Mayhem with them and have not had any issue (other than the $%#@ traversal hitching and mild stuttering). 

As for the RTX 3060 Ti vs RX 6700 XT conundrum, UNLESS you need the Cuda cores on the former for specific productivity programs that require them, the RX 6700 XT with the added 50% more VRAM would be the obvious choice.

The RTX 3060 Ti would be better for RT, the RX 6700 XT is generally faster with pure rasterize gaming. The important factor going forward is, the VRAM on these cards, with newer AAA games eating up VRAM, 8GB is simply not enough.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2