Thoughts on Diablo IV?

Guanzo

I bought RTX 4080 they give Diablo 4 for gift.

Is this game good? I never played before Diablo games.

9 minutes ago, Guanzo said:

Its actually very good!  Its a nice ARPG and the diablo fanbase is huge.  I only played Diablo 3 and a little Diablo 2 ressurected, and I pre-ordered Diablo 4 and I am having a great time.  Visually the game is absolutely stunning, I run at 1440p ultra 144fps with my 4080.  I love these games where you progressively get better gear and points to spend in talents etc, there are a lot of different mechanics and endgame, easy to sink thousands of hours into.  I would absolutely recommend it.
You can also play it very casually and still have a ton of fun.

I'm having a blast so far (level 20, not far into it). Visually at 4K OLED with a 4090 its absolutely beautiful, stays locked (or nearly locked) to my 120fps cap at all times with ultra quality and no DLSS/FG. 

1 hour ago, Guanzo said:

Yes.

31 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I'm having a blast so far (level 20, not far into it). Visually at 4K OLED with a 4090 its absolutely beautiful, stays locked (or nearly locked) to my 120fps cap at all times with ultra quality and no DLSS/FG. 

level 71 here 🙂 4K 240Hz, I haven't seen any visual degradation from DLSS quality preset but it doubles the framerate. Mine sits on full ultra 4K quality DLSS at 240 fps.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Great game. One of few AAA game that doesn't suck this year. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I was in the same boat. Purchased a 4090 that came with a free game code. I never thought I'd like a game like Diablo but it's been a ton of fun so far.

AMD 7800X3D / 32GB DDR5-6200MHz / MSI Gaming Trio 4090

I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition on PS5 and I'm loving the game so far. I really liked playing as a Necromancer in Diablo III so that's what I chose for Diablo IV as well, it's just so satisfying to decimate your enemies with an army of minions and blowing up corpses with Corpse Explosion 😀.

On 6/8/2023 at 6:29 PM, Hinjima said:

I love these games where you progressively get better gear and points to spend in talents etc,

i do get the appeal... but thats exactly what i don't like about certain games (and i often play them without upgrading much at all, which naturally kinda sucks but i simply prefer skill based games over collecting "orbs" and eventually being completely OP because you can just grind your way to victory) 

There's some games that do it right, most just become very tedious and repetitive fast...

ps: that's also why im super happy they scraped the "pve" from OW... i just know i would hate it, the game is already quite the mess with the different ults (which sometimes really seems odd how fast they charge for some people)  also these upgrade shenanigans open up a whole new plethora of cheat possibilities (because its harder to detect with varying / upgradable abilities) 

So, nah, i get it, not my thing though. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Its a great game you should try it if you got it free. The story is great and satisfying. The lighting/sound/music is 10/10. If you like arpgs then you should check it out.  Its arguably the best in the franchise.  The fact its a "live" game and getting constant changes/upgrades is a first for the series and the devs are definitely "all in" for it.  Builds and classes are varied and each one plays different in how it feels. Its a great mix of some diablo 3 and diablo 2.

You have nothing to lose for a freebie. Try it out.  Don`t get all caught up in people review bombing it.

4 minutes ago, R3ckless said:

Try it out.  Don`t get all caught up in people review bombing it.

Is that happening? I'm seeing nothing but praise pretty much universally. Super refreshing to see with a AAA release recently.