CPU is throttling down to 576mhz under heavy load with normal temperatures.

WanderingYouth
Go to solution Solved by WanderingYouth,

I found out my issue. For whatever reason the CPU core voltage was set to AMD Overclock. I set it back to Auto and now my cpu stops throttling itself down to 576mhz under heavy load.

For two weeks now I have been experiencing weird PC stuttering when the computer is under a load whether it be gaming, AI Art generating, or rendering 3D models in blender. My computer slows to a complete crawl when under a heavy load. I eventually found out that my Ryzen 5950x CPU was throttling down to 576mhs under any heavy load. Temperatures are normal under load and idle. Idles at 40 C and the highest tempts under a load is 75 C.

I did a little research and tried disabling PBO on the board settings, but that hasn't helped. My motherboard is an MSI MPG X570S EDGE MAX WIFI. PSU is a Corsair 1000w. GPU is an MSI 4080 Gaming Trio X. RAM is 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z.

The things that have changed majorly for the computer were two Windows updates, a GPU driver update, and I updated my motherboard BIOs to the latest version. I did revert the BIOs update hoping that was the cause of my problems, but that also did not help. I fear something might be dying on my PC. 

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

DxDiag.txt

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/czjaja/comment/eyyo3ju/

How's the airflow with your system? especially on the VRM area (close sourroundings of CPU, on the motherboard). Potentially VRM is overheating.

Can test if this is the case by providing additional airflow, (e.g. open case when overheat, point airflow (something like pedestal fan that everyone would have) towards vrm area.

I found the reddit comment by googling "576mhz throttling amd". the first reply to this comment refers to the comment stating "576mhz", but the comment itself has been edited to "547 mhz".

Anyways. Good luck, hopefully just need some cleaning, maybe some more fans for the case would fix this.

yeah, either try cooling the vrms with some temporary fans or get a better mobo or something... vrm overheating is really the best explanation for this. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I found out my issue. For whatever reason the CPU core voltage was set to AMD Overclock. I set it back to Auto and now my cpu stops throttling itself down to 576mhz under heavy load.