Dell vs HP prebuild ?

In general which is better in terms of reliability, quality, upgradability?

I see many cheap budget gaming pc using some dell optiplex but not hp?

4 minutes ago, 37748585862723896 said:

In general which is better in terms of reliability, quality, upgradability?

I see many cheap budget gaming pc using some dell optiplex but not hp?

if you're looking to buy a new system from them check out gamers nexus and you won't be considering them for much longer, older systems from both companies are pretty ok though

Dell makes finding drivers incredibly easy. Enter the Service Tag (serial number) of a given machine into their support site, and you'll get a page that lists all the relevant drivers for your specific machine. Most of the time you'll also be able to see the initial ship date of your machine, and the hardware it left the factory with. (This is useful for laptops and small form factor machines, so you can look up the right AC adapter by its part number.) Illustrated service manuals for most machines are available as well. They still host drivers for everything back to the Pentium II days, and none of it is behind a paywall.

I only recommend HP for their single-socket LGA2011 and LGA2011-3 workstations (z420 and z440), because those have standard ATX layouts. (A rarity for prebuilt machines from either company.) There's a reason I didn't sell my soul to them.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Dell Precision workstations are great quality, if something of a trick to upgrade. HP and Dell retail (aka consumer, a term I hate) are hot garbage. Build quality and parts quality is very hit or miss, and upgrading is also a big issue. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Everywhere I've worked, Dell dominates with their prebuilts. From web browsing nano prebuilds, ones made for games designed or servers, 99% alway's a Dell. There's probably a reason why.

Have you had a look at local used custom PC resellers? Locally I've got like 3 stores that against all odds have extremely competitive pricing (I can't even configure exact same PC from used parts on Ebay auctions).

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Depends on what model you are buying.  Lots of consumer models suck, but some of the enterprise stuff is well made.  

What people buy as used system to build for gaming builds depends a lot of availability more than anything quality wise.