Entire pc is unstable

hi there, these are some of the issues im experienceing (specs in signature)

when i have a game open, and youube on 2nd monitor, it will be laggy, wich is normal because gpu prioritizes game, this is just an example

sometimes stuff just doesnt load at all

for example im playing warframe, wich isnt too heavy, i can watch youtube pretty well while its open, but when i go to discord, discord freezes instantly, and when that happens, my entire pc freezes until i alt tab out of discord and tab back in, then its slow, but not frozen, while other apps work well

i have also noticed this in opera gx when i open a tab while playing a game

all these issues first occured when i switched from 5700x to 5800x3d, i thought id have the same kind amultitasking performance but its way worse

when i open ubisoft hub in siege, the games freezes, not crash freeze, its a unique freeze, like the animation and everything stops, but when hovering over still it still lights up, buit only select stuff, and i cant click them, when i alt tab the games animation resumes but the rest stays as btroken, only way to fix is multiple alt tabs or multiple restarts

no thermal throttling (max cpu temp 83C, max gpu temp 75C)

gpu usiage 96%-99%, cpu usage 23%

and yes, games work perfectly besides these issues, only game ive had this weird freezing on is r6 when opening ubisoft hub

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

I have to ask these, because you didn't mention it:

Are you on the latest BIOS? Are you running the latest AMD chipset drivers? Are you running the latest graphics card drivers?

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

I have to ask these, because you didn't mention it:

Are you on the latest BIOS? Are you running the latest AMD chipset drivers? Are you running the latest graphics card drivers?

yes to all

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

Just to be sure that I understood what's going on. I think I have an Idea but I honestly forgot the exact thing you need to do. So basically, everything application that's running on the background is like slow/freezes and has minimum priority for the CPU or that the CPU task/app prioritization is out of whack. Is this somehow close to what you are saying? Apart from making sure that your bios and drivers are updated, how about your windows, is it up to date? have you check your power profile? Have you tried a clean boot? To check if the issue is either cost by OS/driver/bios/background app or a 3rd party app. So if the issue is not happening after a clean boot, is possible that the issue is cause by a 3rd party app. Or even the most basic-you might have tighten the cpu cooler too much. Try to reseat.

54 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

Just to be sure that I understood what's going on. I think I have an Idea but I honestly forgot the exact thing you need to do. So basically, everything application that's running on the background is like slow/freezes and has minimum priority for the CPU or that the CPU task/app prioritization is out of whack. Is this somehow close to what you are saying? Apart from making sure that your bios and drivers are updated, how about your windows, is it up to date? have you check your power profile? Have you tried a clean boot? To check if the issue is either cost by OS/driver/bios/background app or a 3rd party app. So if the issue is not happening after a clean boot, is possible that the issue is cause by a 3rd party app. Or even the most basic-you might have tighten the cpu cooler too much. Try to reseat.

yea thats exactly that

windows is up to date

power profile is on balanced since ive seen better Cinebench gains with that, idk bout gpu tho havent tested

clean boot? like what?

i probably did tighten it too much, i have an aio where you have to turn it like a bottlecap and i turned till the point i couldnt anymore

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

26 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

clean boot? like what?

Clean boot with guide, here. It basically boot your system with the most minimal processes like safe mode, but has more options. In short if after doing this, the issue stop occurring. It means that it a 3rd party app that's causing it. However, if the issue persist, it means that it's something else, either in the OS, drivers, bios or hardware. Meaning, more troubleshooting.

26 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

i probably did tighten it too much, i have an aio where you have to turn it like a bottlecap and i turned till the point i couldnt anymore

So yeah, try to reseat the cpu. Check if there's any bent pins on the mobo as well. You can also do a cmos reset while at it. It's just to cover all bases. Who knows, it might be that you have some ram oc or any settings in the bios that did not play well with 3800x3d but did work with your old 5700x.

4 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

Clean boot with guide, here. It basically boot your system with the most minimal processes like safe mode, but has more options. In short if after doing this, the issue stop occurring. It means that it a 3rd party app that's causing it. However, if the issue persist, it means that it's something else, either in the OS, drivers, bios or hardware. Meaning, more troubleshooting.

So yeah, try to reseat the cpu. Check if there's any bent pins on the mobo as well. You can also do a cmos reset while at it. It's just to cover all bases. Who knows, it might be that you have some ram oc or any settings in the bios that did not play well with 3800x3d but did work with your old 5700x.

the pins are on the cpu itself

sure ill do a cmos reset

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup: