FHD 240hz vs QHD 144hx vs 4k 60hz

irishbeast

In short I have a dilemma. Recently built a new rig with a 4080 at the heart of it which can obviously do wonderful things!

I currently have it hooked up to my tv in bedroom (4k 120hz) and its ace but its not very practical having it in bedroom. 

So I am looking for a monitor for my office/man cave. Ideally I would like a 4k one with a great refresh rate but I really cannot spend another big lump on one. Cheaper alternatives are those in the topic title. I am thinking the 4k 60HZ would be the best of those 3. Obvously the 4080 will overshoot massively for some games but for the really intense titles like CP2077 they don't go much above 60fps when all settings are cranked up.  

If you have to choose between the 3 above given my situation what would you do? Feel free to recommend any bargains. Someone local is selling a 4k 60HZ at a good price so am tempted. I have loads of long HDMI and USB cables so could still play it from the bedroom if need be but I have to be on the bed which makes keyboard and mouse games very hard

Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, irishbeast said:

In short I have a dilemma. Recently built a new rig with a 4080 at the heart of it which can obviously do wonderful things!

I currently have it hooked up to my tv in bedroom (4k 120hz) and its ace but its not very practical having it in bedroom. 

So I am looking for a monitor for my office/man cave. Ideally I would like a 4k one with a great refresh rate but I really cannot spend another big lump on one. Cheaper alternatives are those in the topic title. I am thinking the 4k 60HZ would be the best of those 3. Obvously the 4080 will overshoot massively for some games but for the really intense titles like CP2077 they don't go much above 60fps when all settings are cranked up.  

If you have to choose between the 3 above given my situation what would you do? Feel free to recommend any bargains. Someone local is selling a 4k 60HZ at a good price so am tempted. I have loads of long HDMI and USB cables so could still play it from the bedroom if need be but I have to be on the bed which makes keyboard and mouse games very hard

Thanks in advance

If you can't afford a $1500 NeoG8, get a QHD or Ultrawide QHD monitor

4K 60Hz will be meh for FPS type games, 1080p will be meh for RPG/immersion, so best compromise is QHD

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

IMO, i wouldnt touch Samsung. Had 2 tv and monitor blowup waayyy too early and were done with them. TCL, another shitter that likes to die just after the warranty. I would stay away from OLED's for now, especially used ones do not get into that mess. OLEDS are friggin beautiful but the tech has not matured enough to keep you out of RMA hell, and you will be in RMA hell within 2 years pretty much. Of course there are always outliers that may make it to 3 but they are most def rare. Since you already have a 4080, id check out this NON-OLED Alienware https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/gg8o

I have one and its a great monitor with gsync ultimate, 38", 144hz, 3840 x 1660, curved, rgb lighting under it, LG base panel, colors fantastic etc... the HDR on it sucks, but im not a big fan of hdr really anyway so i dont miss it. For 899 on sale right now and you get the premium panel guarantee and advanced exchanges service from Dell, who are usually pretty good about there warrantys.