Custom Build Won't Boot

Kubrix

Yesterday I built a computer and after I tried to turn it on, it would not show the boot screen. The CPU and Case fans are running, so I am assuming that the motherboard is working. I double and triple-checked that my memory was mounted in the correct slots. I checked that the CPU was installed correctly as well. This isn't my first rodeo with building a computer, but I have never experienced something like this. I would appreciate any help.

These are the parts that I used:

Ryzen 7 5700G

GIGABYTE B550M AORUS Elite

Corsair Vengance LPX 32GB 3000MHz (I have two of them)

FSP HYPER 80+ PRO 550W

17 minutes ago, Kubrix said:

Yesterday I built a computer and after I tried to turn it on, it would not show the boot screen. The CPU and Case fans are running, so I am assuming that the motherboard is working. I double and triple-checked that my memory was mounted in the correct slots. I checked that the CPU was installed correctly as well. This isn't my first rodeo with building a computer, but I have never experienced something like this. I would appreciate any help.

These are the parts that I used:

Ryzen 7 5700G

GIGABYTE B550M AORUS Elite

Corsair Vengance LPX 32GB 3000MHz (I have two of them)

FSP HYPER 80+ PRO 550W

any leds?

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

With that cpu motherboard combo, i believe you need to update BIOS. You need a usb and another pc/laptop and you should be ok.

CPU : I7-6700k 4.6ghz GPU : MSI GTX 1080 

7 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

any leds?

Yes, the case fans. But I have tried booting with and without the case fans and still nothing.

3 minutes ago, Elam95 said:

With that cpu motherboard combo, i believe you need to update BIOS. You need a usb and another pc/laptop and you should be ok.

I have been trying to flashback the BIOS, but I haven't been able to get anywhere. I downloaded the BIOS for my specific CPU from the GIGABYTE support website and put it into the BIOS slot and tried booting it, but still the same result.

1 minute ago, Kubrix said:

I have been trying to flashback the BIOS, but I haven't been able to get anywhere. I downloaded the BIOS for my specific CPU from the GIGABYTE support website and put it into the BIOS slot and tried booting it, but still the same result.

Try booting with 1 ram stick too to rule that out, this is the systems first boot correct?

CPU : I7-6700k 4.6ghz GPU : MSI GTX 1080 

Just now, Elam95 said:

Try booting with 1 ram stick too to rule that out, this is the systems first boot correct?

Tried that. So far no good, I am going to check all the slots though. Yes, this is supposed to be the initial boot.

Funny, but I didn't see an SSD or hdd listed.  The machine won't work without one.

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Funny, but I didn't see an SSD or hdd listed.  The machine won't work without one.

Sorry, you're right. I forgot to list it. I have a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2

30 minutes ago, Kubrix said:

I downloaded the BIOS for my specific CPU

motherboard you mean?

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

5 minutes ago, Kubrix said:

I meant the one that was for my motherboard but supported my CPU

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Support/CPU-Support

So what version of bios you have downloaded?

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

1 minute ago, DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly said:

So what version of bios you have downloaded?

The "FB", since I have the B550M AORUS Elite rev. 1.3

6 minutes ago, Kubrix said:

The "FB", since I have the B550M AORUS Elite rev. 1.3

Download the latest revision.

1 minute ago, Kubrix said:

1.3. FB was the version ID.

Yeah, i've missed that part.

Well it seems that your board should be compatible with 5000 series Ryzen out of the box anyways as it is rev 1.3

I was looking at the manual but this board doesnt seem to have debug LDS which is super inconvenient.

Are you sure you are trying to flash bios in a correct manner? 

Dropping a 3000 series/ different 5000 series CPU would be a quick way to check if it board bios or the cpu or something else entirely.

5 minutes ago, DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly said:

Yeah, i've missed that part.

Well it seems that your board should be compatible with 5000 series Ryzen out of the box anyways as it is rev 1.3

I was looking at the manual but this board doesnt seem to have debug LDS which is super inconvenient.

Are you sure you are trying to flash bios in a correct manner? 

Dropping a 3000 series/ different 5000 series CPU would be a quick way to check if it board bios or the cpu or something else entirely.

I don't have another CPU right now, unfortunately. The flash drive is FAT32, renamed the boot file to "gigabyte.bin", and I turned off the power then turned the power switch back on and held the QFLASH_PLUS button on the motherboard for a few seconds. It lit up orange and started blinking for about three minutes then stopped blinking but the computer continued running. I know the process is supposed to take a while, but the computer will ran without the orange light for 19 minutes without anything happening, so I assume it is not working.

EDIT: I put it in the USB connector that says BIOS as well.