Cheap/decent gpu for server

Budget (including currency): under a grand, USD - preferably under 200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Basically nothing, it will be used in conjunction with a KVM switch so I can access the BIOS from my office (server is in basement, office second floor)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  preferably one HDMI output, maybe 3 total if the price is right. MUST be a single slot card, no exceptions as it’s going into a literal 2U rack server. The motherboard has a daughter board/riser with 1 pci 1x and 2 16x slots. One 16x has 16x (bitrifucated) 4x pci NVMe card, also a single slot

basically just looking for a cheap GPU that won’t be used for any intensive purposes other than the desktop. No games, no mining, no editing or anything.

the server has onboard VGA but I snapped off a capacitor on accident so the onboard is broken unless I take apart the entire server down to the motherboard and re-solder the capacitor

with that being said, last thing I wanna do is take out 24 DIMMS, 8x sata drives, disconnect 8x SAS drives etc etc.

I think for my purposes I’d be fine with 4gb of onboard RAM or less. 512mb would probably be sufficient too

but it MUST be a single slot card, perhaps a rx 580 or something?

price isn’t a concern but again for my purpose, cheap cheap is a benefit. I have 2 laptops that have windows 2022 datacenter on them which will be wired via Ethernet directly to the server which is why (ideally) I’d like 3 HDMI outputs, the other 2 can just be for RDP’ing to the laptops via a seperate subnet/switch setup with a hdmi/ethernet balun

thanks peeps!   There is no wrong answer on this one, anything would help!

i mean if its desktop a hd 6450 is rlly cheap sips power and is single slot. its not powerfull but good enough for the desktop

If you get something like a Quadro P400, you can also use it for video encoding if you run a media server.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

If its not gonna get used for anything then anything will do from used market like GT710 or w/e you can get if you want do some video encoding you might want to look in something like ARC 380 for that sweet AV1 encoder/decoder.

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11