PC doesn't boot on the first time

Cuz_Simple

Hey,

So I've started to have this issue recently where my pc doesn't boot and I have to hold the power button and start it again for it to boot. it used to do it every while but now it happens every time, when it does the CPU led lights up on the motherboard. I think the issue started when I tried to turn WOL on.

What I tried...

-Reset the bios to the default settings

-Bios update

-Clean install of Windows 11

The only thing I haven't tried is to clear CMOS because the jumper is deep into the case and I had to remove the GPU most likely so I couldn't bother, but if you think it'll help I'll do it. Also, nothing in the event viewer looked sketchy.

Specs: i5-9400f / MSI h310i pro / RTX 3060 ti

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DxDiag.txt sysinfo.txt

Does your motherboard have indicator lights or an error code?  Just this may be a CPU fan issue or something else not passing POST, or it may be an OS / drive issue.

On a side note, do you have Fast Boot turned on?  If so kill it, because it could be making your problems persist in windows after a reboot.

https://pureinfotech.com/disable-fast-startup-windows-11-10/

It has indicator lights unfortunately so that's all the info I have about the issue, doubt it's os/driver after the clean install of Windows. I turned fast boot off. I'll update you if that fixes anything. Also yeah i checked the manual before posting this, honestly could be the cpu or dram light that's on because i don't have a very clear view and i didn't double check, but it's weird that it boots on the second attempt every time.