Steamdeck steam button constantly registering as pressed

Please help my steam deck has an issue where it thinks the steam button is constantly being pressed and is causing any button that is a shortcut combo with the Steam button to do that action instead. For example my left joy stick now controls the screen brightness, and right on the d-pad is enter and left is escape. As well as all the other short cuts attached below. At this point I'd be on just disabling the button entirely and it doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the button physically. So I'm hoping someone knows a way to disable it over software. Please help im taking a very long trip in a month and would like to use it during. Thank you to anyone who read this far

dcjq2k7izu191.jpg

Is it dirty or gunked up? When in doubt press the button 20 to 30 times in rapid succession. If it needs a good cleaning give that a shot. There are a few forum posts on other sites about this issue, most were defective buttons and the deck needed to be RMAd for it to be fixed.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

It's not guncked up I opened it and checked to see if the membrane was stuck but it was fine and I can hear the button clicking when I press it it seems like the system thinks the button is being held down. Also it's over a year old and I bought it second hand how would that effect the RMA process.