How reputable are ID-Cooling AIO's?

themaniac
Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,

They're Asetek rads I believe, but the pump is an inhouse design if I remember correctly. I installed one in a buddies system a few years ago and it hasn't had any issues. They're kind of a steal for the price in my opinion. Nothing super fancy software or lighting wise but functionally they do what they are supposed to. 

I've been out of the loop for a while and have been working at putting my spare system into a smaller footprint case(Silverstone GDO9) to use it as more of a server/htpc. And i've been looking at what cooling i could go for, originally was looking at air coolers, but while looking at prices, i found ID-Cooling AIO's (FrostFlow X in this instance) to be quite cheap comparatively and the performance was pretty good as well. The reviews look good but its the first time i've heard of them. So are they a good brand or should i avoid them?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Good chance their either actually made by someone else, they used to make stuff for other people and they just started doing under their own nam (like superflower and PSUs) it used to be that basically everyone used one particular patent and paid royalties, then someone made a work around by putting the pump IN the radiator which sucked at first but may have gotten better.  If the pump is on top of the cold plate good chance that’s the first patent.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

They're Asetek rads I believe, but the pump is an inhouse design if I remember correctly. I installed one in a buddies system a few years ago and it hasn't had any issues. They're kind of a steal for the price in my opinion. Nothing super fancy software or lighting wise but functionally they do what they are supposed to. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

9 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yeah, thats what caught my eye, no rgb or stupid software and cheap. Glad to hear they are good as well.

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

3 hours ago, themaniac said:

Yeah, thats what caught my eye, no rgb or stupid software and cheap. Glad to hear they are good as well.

Both are good things imho.  Until the industry gets it stuff in a box, which I heard was being done by intel, rgb is a net negative imho.  I don’t do the “I paid extra to make my stuff worse” thing.  At least when I have a choice.  Few do.  Hence the tendency to force an artificial market to remove choice THEN do it.  The other one is what gmail and Amazon and Walmart did which is “we’ll make it worse but give it to you ‘free’ (or at least at a ruinously low price)” until the competition starves out.  Then once the market is artificial they can do what they want.  Monopoly is not a new game.  The whole no rgb thing never went away so they couldn’t force it though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.