Huawei MateView GT 27'' monitor cracked (need to find a replacement screen)

Mimiliko

Hello! So i accidentally dropped my Huawei MateView GT 27" Monitor... And now i need a replacement panel, since it is curved, i cannot find a replacement screen for it, may anyone please help me out by finding me some site that sells one? Thanks for the support!

Just now, Mimiliko said:

Hello! So i accidentally ropped my Huawei MateView GT 27" Monitor... And now i need a replacement panel, since it is curved, i cannot find a replacement screen for it, may anyone please help me out by finding me some site that sells one? Thanks for the support!

WIN_20230607_10_16_38_Pro.jpg

There isn't really a good market for monitor replacement parts especially for ones that aren't very common or popular. Hell even higher end and more popular monitors don't really have a parts market either. I'd say your best bet if you want to try to repair this yourself is going to be buying a used/broken one of Ebay or a third-party resell site for parts and getting the display off that. However, keep in mind In a lot of cases these monitors especially the curved ones aren't even easily repairable to begin with, and usually aren't even worth the attempt if it's still newer maybe see if you can RMA it. But with monitors, at least in my experience you're going to be better off buying a new one over trying to repair it. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

15 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

There isn't really a good market for monitor replacement parts especially for ones that aren't very common or popular. Hell even higher end and more popular monitors don't really have a parts market either. I'd say your best bet if you want to try to repair this yourself is going to be buying a used/broken one of Ebay or a third-party resell site for parts and getting the display off that. However, keep in mind In a lot of cases these monitors especially the curved ones aren't even easily repairable to begin with, and usually aren't even worth the attempt if it's still newer maybe see if you can RMA it. But with monitors, at least in my experience you're going to be better off buying a new one over trying to repair it. 

Thanks for the advice! =)

Panel parts can be hard to find - but more than likely, will be costing as much if not more than buying a new monitor. IMO, unless you want to have a fun little project (it will probably neither be fun nor little), I would advice you to just cut your losses and buy a new display.