I don't have options to show seconds on the clock

Filingo

Hello,

I read that on the latest update 22H2 (KB5026446) you get back the feature to show seconds on the clock.

I just updated my PC but I still don't see that option in Personalization > Taskbar

Did they not really bring it back?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Hello,

I read that on the latest update 22H2 (KB5026446) you get back the feature to show seconds on the clock.

I just updated my PC but I still don't see that option in Personalization > Taskbar

Did they not really bring it back?

Thanks

Just go to SYSTEM TASKBAR, the seconds option is at the bottom of the list of options for the taskbar.  Just click the little box and you're good to go.  You might have to scroll down to see it.  For me I had to scroll, it was below the bottom of the screen.

Take care and good luck.

You might need to scroll down to see it, for me it was below the bottom of the screen so scrolling down was necessary to see it.

1 hour ago, Filingo said:

thank you, now that makes sense, my build is 22621

You can try two things, one is to edit the registry: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "ShowSecondsInSystemClock"=dword:00000001

The other is to enable the setting under Windows Update 'Get the latest updates as soon as released'.

A reboot may be needed.

There is no guarantee these will work as MS are rolling out features selectively, some people who had the setting working are suddenly finding it removed, people on the same builds & same os version... so your experiance may be different. 🙂

20 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

You can try two things, one is to edit the registry: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "ShowSecondsInSystemClock"=dword:00000001

The other is to enable the setting under Windows Update 'Get the latest updates as soon as released'.

A reboot may be needed.

There is no guarantee these will work as MS are rolling out features selectively, some people who had the setting working are suddenly finding it removed, people on the same builds & same os version... so your experiance may be different. 🙂

thank you, the `Get the latest updates as soon as released` doesn't work, I assume that even with that they mean "per region" or something like that. I can try the regexp method now

ShowSecondsInSystemClock does not exist there, I can try to add it though

Update: I added a 32-bit DWORD named ShowSecondsInSystemClock  with value 00000001 and it immediately showed the seconds! without restarting Thank you! 😁

Do you think I should remove it before the update so there won't be collisions?

1 minute ago, Filingo said:

thank you, the `Get the latest updates as soon as released` doesn't work, I assume that even with that they mean "per region" or something like that. I can try the regexp method now

ShowSecondsInSystemClock does not exist there, I can try to add it though

Yes, sorry, I meant to include that you may need to create the reg entry since it isn't there by default. I think the settings options are no so much regional as device plus update status specific.

4 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

Yes, sorry, I meant to include that you may need to create the reg entry since it isn't there by default. I think the settings options are no so much regional as device plus update status specific.

I added a comment while you were typing this one 😄 :

4 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Update: I added a 32-bit DWORD named ShowSecondsInSystemClock  with value 00000001 and it immediately showed the seconds! without restarting Thank you! 😁

Do you think I should remove it before the update so there won't be collisions?

thank you 😄 

1 minute ago, Filingo said:

I added a comment while you were typing this one 😄 :

I think to be safe yes. Make a note of the reg entry in notepad or something so you can find it again, just delete the reg entry value if you want to revert. The only issue you have is knowing when the normal update that enables seconds will be pushed to you.😅

2 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

I think to be safe yes. Make a note of the reg entry in notepad or something so you can find it again, just delete the reg entry value if you want to revert. The only issue you have is knowing when the normal update that enables seconds will be pushed to you.😅

Ah well, I'll just wait for the update, if I managed to live with it until now 😂