Need some cpu recommendations

I currently have a i7 770k and a rtx 3060 Ti but am having some issues being limated in star citizen by my cpu and would like to upgrade. I'm looking for a good price to performance cpu 

Just now, Lewisowill said:

I currently have a i7 770k and a rtx 3060 Ti but am having some issues being limated in star citizen by my cpu and would like to upgrade. I'm looking for a good price to performance cpu 

If its the i7-7700k you mean then you would need a new motherboard as well if you want to upgrade the CPU, the 7700k is the last / best CPU you can use in your current motherboard.  What is your budget?

I'm looking to spend as little as possible to get a decent upgrade on my cpu and mobo. 

I currently have a Intel  i7 770k 

Rtx 3060 Ti 

32gb of ddr4 ram 

I know this isn't alot to go on just looking for some advise as I haven't been following the cpu market for a few years and not sure if there are any deals I may have missed 

8 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

If its the i7-7700k you mean then you would need a new motherboard as well if you want to upgrade the CPU, the 7700k is the last / best CPU you can use in your current motherboard.  What is your budget?

I know I'm expecting a mobo upgrade I'm kinda looking around the £300 mark but there is some wiggle room 

My only advice is if you want to save money then I would go with Intel since they support DDR4 on the Lastest boards as for the CPU and Motherboard I'll leave that to people that have more experience with the current hardware.

15 minutes ago, Lewisowill said:

32gb of ddr4 ram 

How fast is this? we could do this for 100GBP more which would be a huge upgrade, but frametime wise Raptor Lake benefits heavily on 3200C16 or 3600C18, preferably with tightened advanced timings.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  (£277.88 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B660M BAZOOKA DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£129.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £407.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-07 12:36 BST+0100

Can you compress to 300? Sure you can go down to 12400F but itll make the bump not as big as you thought itll be in framerate.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

How fast is this? we could do this for 100GBP more which would be a huge upgrade, but frametime wise Raptor Lake benefits heavily on 3200C16 or 3600C18, preferably with tightened advanced timings.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  (£277.88 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B660M BAZOOKA DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£129.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £407.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-07 12:36 BST+0100

Can you compress to 300? Sure you can go down to 12400F but itll make the bump not as big as you thought itll be in framerate.

It's 3600mhz vengeance lpx 

1 minute ago, Lewisowill said:

It's 3600mhz vengeance lpx 

Thats a plenty. Id beeline to the Raptor Lake platform upgrade then, unless if you find a pretty damn banger deal on used 5800X3D or 12700K.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Thats a plenty. Id beeline to the Raptor Lake platform upgrade then, unless if you find a pretty damn banger deal on used 5800X3D or 12700K.

Okay I will have a look at these thank you very much for your help