Audio crackling/popping noise after upgrading my system

A few months I decided to upgrade my hardware. I changed the motherboard, CPU, GPU, PSU. I'll also note that it was a switch from Intel to AMD CPU.

(upgrades: ASRock B550M-HDV, Ryzen 5 5600G, GTX 1080ti)

Upon installing my hardware I decided to boot up my Windows 10 system as is, no reinstall, no modifications. It ran, but I realised there is an audio issue - a crackling, popping sound. It's not always there, and mostly pops up during:

While I bought the CPU and MoBo new GPU and PSU I purchased used, however I am 100% they are not faulty, as I am familiar with the system they have been previously installed in and it performed flawlessly

Any application running in fullscreen mode (sometimes)

• Having 2 applications in fullscreen mode on 2 separate screens (pretty much always)
  • Switching windows/tabs
  • Different windows error sounds - at the very beginning I can clearly hear a pop

This has been driving me absolutely insane. I'm begging for help as I'm on the verge of trashing this system and starting anew.

I have tried many fixes:

• Formatting all drives and performing a clean OS install making sure it's not going to install in any legacy mode (Windows 11)
  • Trying different audio drivers
  • Trying different NVidia drivers
  • Checking for IRQ conflicts (none present besides HPET and System timer, but this is not incorrect AFAIK)
  • Reinstalling NVidia driver with NVCleanstall making sure MSI is enabled
  • Made sure there is no power saving mode turned on in Windows (not sure about the BIOS/UEFI settings)
  • Disabling/uninstalling unnecessary devices
  • Updated my BIOS to newest
  • Making sure HAGS is enabled in graphic settings in Windows
  • Many other different "obvious" fixes found online

I'll also note that I have ASIO4ALL low latency audio driver installed, but it's only running when I have my E-Drum software on (and there are no audio issues with that - might be because I'm never putting any considerable stress on my PC while drumming). Could Asio be the culprit?

//quick edit: I forgot to mention - this problem seems to be somehow connected/amplified when computer has been woken up from sleep. Disabling fast boot and making sure the computer hasn't slept the issue is waaaaay better but still present. (found on https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/471903/bug-report-audio-crackling-after-sleep-since-drive/)

I ran quick a 30 second LatencyMon test where I launched Diablo IV with a fullscreen YouTube playback on my other monitor.

I'll note that audio crackling was present:

• in the YouTube video - for the entire duration
  • in game - during the in-game cinematic, not after

Here are the LatencyMon results:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. 
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:00:31  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name:                                        PIOTRPC
OS version:                                           Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 22621 (x64)
Hardware:                                             B550M-HDV, To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS:                                                 P2.40
CPU:                                                  AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 
Logical processors:                                   12
Processor groups:                                     1
Processor group size:                                 12
RAM:                                                  16254 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed (WMI):                             3901 MHz
Reported CPU speed (registry):                        3893 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   1116.20
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   11.499111

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       1110.30
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       5.814333

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              525.022348
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       HDAudBus.sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.011633
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   HDAudBus.sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.021301

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   17009
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 500-1000 µs):               1
ISR count (execution time 1000-2000 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time 2000-4000 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              1143.101721
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       CLASSPNP.SYS - SCSI Class System Dll, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.171966
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.397023

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   140371
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
DPC count (execution time 500-10000 µs):              5
DPC count (execution time 1000-2000 µs):              1
DPC count (execution time 2000-4000 µs):              0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count:                 msmpeng.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       686
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          168
Number of processes hit:                              23

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       2.679583
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                525.022348
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.077928
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      16826
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1143.101721
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   1.312944
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      123626
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.153312
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                67.220652
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.001431
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      184
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                207.963267
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.075916
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      7443
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.110810
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                69.154123
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.014967
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      1334
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.114057
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 3 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                57.202671
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.009378
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      987
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.117370
CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 4 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs):                93.457745
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.006895
CPU 4 DPC count:                                      784
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.125388
CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 5 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs):                105.058567
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.009186
CPU 5 DPC count:                                      1029
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.088734
CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 6 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs):                162.301310
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.007589
CPU 6 DPC count:                                      758
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.081393
CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 7 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs):                59.867454
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.003464
CPU 7 DPC count:                                      403
CPU 8 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.088217
CPU 8 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 8 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 8 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 8 DPC highest execution time (µs):                46.623684
CPU 8 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.003051
CPU 8 DPC count:                                      349
CPU 9 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.107026
CPU 9 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 9 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 9 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 9 DPC highest execution time (µs):                54.157205
CPU 9 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.007576
CPU 9 DPC count:                                      869
CPU 10 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.117576
CPU 10 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 10 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 10 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 10 DPC highest execution time (µs):                61.961212
CPU 10 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.011332
CPU 10 DPC count:                                      1191
CPU 11 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0.132330
CPU 11 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 11 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 11 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 11 DPC highest execution time (µs):                103.195222
CPU 11 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.016869
CPU 11 DPC count:                                      1604

I forgot to attach a screengrab of the conflicts/sharing screen from msinfo32.exe
image.png.c9323b5e0398ce0dbca720dedb7235e4.png

I suspect this is just badly designed audio on the board, I unfortunately had a similar issue on an ASRock Taichi board which later then also developed coil whine too (not related, just a sign that I don't think that board model was very good) so returned it.

Popping at the start of audio for example is a known thing that can happen with certain audio chips, as they power down when no sound is playing and pop when they wake back up.

Noises when doing CPU/GPU activity is when the audio circuit is not very well isolated from RF of the rest of the components.

Its also possible that a bad PSU may not regulate the power as well so make things worse.  In my case it was the board and PSU together that caused the coil whine problem.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Hey Alex! Thanks for the swift reply.

It seems however that none of the suggestions above apply to my problem.

I've ruled the PSU and GPU out (GPU on the hardware side at least) as the potential culprits (although the PSU could not play right with my board?) as I got them used from another system that I was very familiar with and used on a daily basis. It worked flawlessly.

There are no coil whine issues in my system and I'm pretty sure it's not the isolation (not 100% on this one).

I'll also mention that it's not as "simple" as noise during CPU/GPU activity. I can run a very demanding game that pushes my system to the limit and the is no crackling audio. Fullscreen YouTube or in-game cinematic though? Crackle city. I'm almost certain it's an issue with either power settings, the way my CPU interfaces with the audio on the board, or the MoBo itself (I would really prefer it not to be the case because getting an affordable board for a Ryzen 5600G in my area requires updating the BIOS with a different Ryzen chip).

I would get a DAC or some audio interface and forget about it but I believe this problem is deeper -  and affecting performance too (I believe the crackle are not just audial microstutters). And on top of that I've seen a lot of threads where people said this issue persists no matter if they a DAC or something.. oh the horror

16 minutes ago, audioHEX said:

Hey Alex! Thanks for the swift reply.

It seems however that none of the suggestions above apply to my problem.

I've ruled the PSU and GPU out (GPU on the hardware side at least) as the potential culprits (although the PSU could not play right with my board?) as I got them used from another system that I was very familiar with and used on a daily basis. It worked flawlessly.

There are no coil whine issues in my system and I'm pretty sure it's not the isolation (not 100% on this one).

I'll also mention that it's not as "simple" as noise during CPU/GPU activity. I can run a very demanding game that pushes my system to the limit and the is no crackling audio. Fullscreen YouTube or in-game cinematic though? Crackle city. I'm almost certain it's an issue with either power settings, the way my CPU interfaces with the audio on the board, or the MoBo itself (I would really prefer it not to be the case because getting an affordable board for a Ryzen 5600G in my area requires updating the BIOS with a different Ryzen chip).

I would get a DAC or some audio interface and forget about it but I believe this problem is deeper -  and affecting performance too (I believe the crackle are not just audial microstutters). And on top of that I've seen a lot of threads where people said this issue persists no matter if they a DAC or something.. oh the horror

Can you borrow a dac from someone just to test it?

I’m with Alex, it’s probably the audio implementation on the board. It sounds like you have tried all of the software fixes

for what it’s worth, there is a newer bios available (2.62 - you’re on 2.40 which is previous version).

51 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

Can you borrow a dac from someone just to test it?

I’m with Alex, it’s probably the audio implementation on the board. It sounds like you have tried all of the software fixes

for what it’s worth, there is a newer bios available (2.62 - you’re on 2.40 which is previous version).

I can get a DAC to try out tomorrow. I think I've been dreading it because I tried driving audio through my monitors (HDMI or DP) and the issue persisted and as far as I am aware it does not use the onboard audio (?).

Thanks for the tip on the BIOS. I kind of disregarded the update as the issue was present before this update was released and I was on newest drivers.

Also regarding the BIOS update. On my board's manufacturer's website the description of the update says:

Update AMD AM4 AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.8

*To support Ryzen 5000 series processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU.

My CPU is 5600G and indeed it wasn't compatible with it out of the box. Now that my bios is updated to 2.40 I'm not savvy enough to know if it's safe to update it further with a 5000 series chip? Or do I need a Matisse, Renoir or Varmeer CPU to do that?

And thanks for your input!

Bump

Also, I'll be trying out the DAC later tonight

VERY SIMPLE FIX: reinstall chipset drivers (if you've done that already... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

VERY SIMPLE FIX: reinstall chipset drivers (if you've done that already... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) 

Thank you for your response! I updated my chipset drivers, but that didn't help.

You however said "reinstall". I just updated. Should I use some software to remove the chipset driver before updating to the new one?

Also - I tried out the DAC today. Audio crackle remains exactly the same

Update: I've narrowed it down even further, and I'm 99% certain the culprit is either "ndis.sys" (network) or "nvlddmkm.sys" (graphics) (and possibly "dxgkrnl.sys")

CONCLUSION
Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. 
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:43:28  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS version:                                           Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 22621 (x64)
Hardware:                                             B550M-HDV, To Be Filled By O.E.M.
CPU:                                                  AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 

CPU SPEED

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   597.40
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   7.757898

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       593.10
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       2.648638

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              245.841254
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.001399
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.001399

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   291245
ISR count (execution time 500-1000 µs):               0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              1015.041870
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.013310
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.040103

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   1535155
DPC count (execution time 500-10000 µs):              215
DPC count (execution time 1000-2000 µs):              1

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count:                 powershell.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       21134
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          1991
Number of processes hit:                              90

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       35.267010
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                245.841254
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.435688
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      289982
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                926.322630
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   9.970134
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      1195326
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       3.153015
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                21.488569
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.002420
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      1263
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                197.744927
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.377525
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      61692
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       2.373380
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                563.691754
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.320535
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      36464
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1.714667
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                109.997431
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.034651
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      5583
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       3.269757
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs):                426.665810
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.428622
CPU 4 DPC count:                                      43631
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       2.282915
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs):                248.135371
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.076587
CPU 5 DPC count:                                      12100
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1.757777
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1015.041870
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.370280
CPU 6 DPC count:                                      38734
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1.196718
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs):                81.816851
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.022399
CPU 7 DPC count:                                      3655
CPU 8 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1.544492
CPU 8 DPC highest execution time (µs):                245.260211
CPU 8 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.060145
CPU 8 DPC count:                                      11659
CPU 9 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1.436833
CPU 9 DPC highest execution time (µs):                146.973799
CPU 9 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.033391
CPU 9 DPC count:                                      5021
CPU 10 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       3.442587
CPU 10 DPC highest execution time (µs):                242.134601
CPU 10 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.513520
CPU 10 DPC count:                                      79842
CPU 11 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       3.264963
CPU 11 DPC highest execution time (µs):                241.583612
CPU 11 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.346957
CPU 11 DPC count:                                      41664

11 hours ago, audioHEX said:

Thank you for your response! I updated my chipset drivers, but that didn't help.

You however said "reinstall". I just updated. Should I use some software to remove the chipset driver before updating to the new one?

Also - I tried out the DAC today. Audio crackle remains exactly the same

since you switched from intel to amd you need to remove the intel (and now also the amd) chipset drivers completely and then reinstall the amd chipset (get it from mobo manufacturer, sometimes they have specific tweaks the mobo needs) thats what i meant with reinstall,  yes.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

since you switched from intel to amd you need to remove the intel (and now also the amd) chipset drivers completely and then reinstall the amd chipset (get it from mobo manufacturer, sometimes they have specific tweaks the mobo needs) thats what i meant with reinstall,  yes.

Thank you for your response. As mentioned above I fully formatted and did a fresh OS install, there is no trace of any INTEL drivers on my PC.

Since your suggestion I tried removing the chipset driver and have installed ones from AMD and from ASRock, the issue still persists.

Small update. classpnp.sys and storport.sys have the highest execution times (Latencymon ran for 3 hours)
image.thumb.png.e824a732bc668a66d21adc43efd5487a.png

CONCLUSION
Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. 
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  2:59:49  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

CPU SPEED

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   542.0
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   8.032977

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       537.20
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       3.660928

REPORTED ISRs

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              364.043411
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.024121
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.024121

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   8158410
ISR count (execution time 500-1000 µs):               1

REPORTED DPCs

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              1240.195993
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.049136
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.147581

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   27325933
DPC count (execution time 500-10000 µs):              1109
DPC count (execution time 1000-2000 µs):              2

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Process with highest pagefault count:                 msmpeng.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       11265
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          1629
Number of processes hit:                              83

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       544.649135
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                364.043411
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   30.922466
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      8087724
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1176.842281
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   173.748805
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      25112673
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       41.370396
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                40.763165
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.301895
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      69474
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                304.496532
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   3.202199
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      420507
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       29.414888
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                15.798356
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.005764
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      1213
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                301.801695
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.748685
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      124514
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       27.959385
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                274.001798
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.631142
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      110006
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       33.715630
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs):                297.954791
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s):                   1.402678
CPU 4 DPC count:                                      209489
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       32.036065
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs):                297.433856
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.988093
CPU 5 DPC count:                                      154579
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       20.570865
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs):                273.180324
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.351096
CPU 6 DPC count:                                      64519
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       20.440205
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs):                264.544824
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.387884
CPU 7 DPC count:                                      68126
CPU 8 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       24.168604
CPU 8 DPC highest execution time (µs):                251.010532
CPU 8 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.709929
CPU 8 DPC count:                                      96000
CPU 9 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       23.547875
CPU 9 DPC highest execution time (µs):                292.104290
CPU 9 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.586999
CPU 9 DPC count:                                      94093
CPU 10 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       37.267527
CPU 10 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1240.195993
CPU 10 DPC total execution time (s):                   3.456942
CPU 10 DPC count:                                      407901
CPU 11 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       39.051776
CPU 11 DPC highest execution time (µs):                289.329309
CPU 11 DPC total execution time (s):                   4.865907
CPU 11 DPC count:                                      464637

Another report (ran about 14 hours)

CONCLUSION
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. 
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  13:52:14  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

CPU SPEED

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   2086.70
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   7.964739

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       2081.60
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       2.781467

REPORTED ISRs

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              206.370408

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.006028

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.006028

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   12015365

REPORTED DPCs

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              1722.671975
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       CLASSPNP.SYS - SCSI Class System Dll, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.027528

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.091007

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   62818098
DPC count (execution time 500-10000 µs):              1868
DPC count (execution time 1000-2000 µs):              6

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Process with highest pagefault count:                 msedgewebview2.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       332536
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          72832
Number of processes hit:                              145

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1618.231131
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                180.193424
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   31.622706
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      10757117
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1722.671975
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   511.433863
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      57020681
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       109.857998
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                206.370408
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   4.490972
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      1257033
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                327.457745
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   14.994359
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      2394030
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       64.909797
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                16.489597
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.004777
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      1215
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                289.629848
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   1.039336
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      183953
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       60.266606
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                284.490624
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.651404
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      115343
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       75.337894
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs):                296.021320
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s):                   1.605215
CPU 4 DPC count:                                      271687
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       74.579505
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs):                295.129720
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s):                   1.367278
CPU 5 DPC count:                                      247488
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       47.037322
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs):                264.264321
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.372993
CPU 6 DPC count:                                      50113
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       45.193268
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs):                110.468276
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.245047
CPU 7 DPC count:                                      36397
CPU 8 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       50.887931
CPU 8 DPC highest execution time (µs):                288.567942
CPU 8 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.556852
CPU 8 DPC count:                                      82742
CPU 9 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       53.572135
CPU 9 DPC highest execution time (µs):                265.536604
CPU 9 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.499764
CPU 9 DPC count:                                      74510
CPU 10 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       88.432328
CPU 10 DPC highest execution time (µs):                299.758027
CPU 10 DPC total execution time (s):                   6.733468
CPU 10 DPC count:                                      1319567
CPU 11 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       87.363159
CPU 11 DPC highest execution time (µs):                281.565374
CPU 11 DPC total execution time (s):                   5.822338
CPU 11 DPC count:                                      1023461

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!, i have the same problem as you. I upgrade my system and i left only the video card, ssd and PSU.

Now i have: ASRock B550M-HDV, Ryzen 5 5600G, GTX 1050ti.

On older components, I used an external sound card, the sound was clear, but on new components sounds are cracking, disappears and the video freezes like the audio can't keep up with the video

On internal audio card better, but the sound is still crackling

Sorry, I can’t describe everything in detail because I don’t understand hardware well and I don’t know English

CONCLUSION
Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. 
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:07:01  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name:                                        COMPUTER
OS version:                                           Windows 10, 10.0, version 1809, build: 17763 (x64)

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed (WMI):                             3893 MHz

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   696,40
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   4,292886

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       694,10
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       1,543128

REPORTED ISRs

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              1948,777806
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0,095460
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0,100503

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   369605
ISR count (execution time 1000-2000 µs):              1

REPORTED DPCs

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              700,727716
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 536.99 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0,045568

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0,119180

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   921010
DPC count (execution time 500-10000 µs):              3
DPC count (execution time 1000-2000 µs):              0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Process with highest pagefault count:                 bloody7.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       19104
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          4609
Number of processes hit:                              69

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       16,716580
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                1948,777806
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   5,030849
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      338550
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                700,727716
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   5,586415
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      804328
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,938025
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                233,308759
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,036268
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      14896
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                221,948369
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,062131
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      9286
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1,014996
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                6,211148
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,000896
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      429
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                70,736964
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,143049
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      44875
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,731441
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                70,286155
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,005243
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      1437
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1,172534
CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs):                78,801438
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,099883
CPU 4 DPC count:                                      28120
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,646662
CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs):                19,905728
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,001416
CPU 5 DPC count:                                      407
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       1,055974
CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs):                83,870537
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,050594
CPU 6 DPC count:                                      13500
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,578407
CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0,0
CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,0
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs):                29,442846
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,000862
CPU 7 DPC count:                                      238
CPU 8 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,979260
CPU 8 ISR highest execution time (µs):                4,528127
CPU 8 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,007456
CPU 8 ISR count:                                      11054
CPU 8 DPC highest execution time (µs):                59,917544
CPU 8 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,030194
CPU 8 DPC count:                                      7512
CPU 9 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,537988
CPU 9 ISR highest execution time (µs):                8,385050
CPU 9 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,000191
CPU 9 ISR count:                                      230
CPU 9 DPC highest execution time (µs):                38,018238
CPU 9 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,000789
CPU 9 DPC count:                                      213
CPU 10 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,939092
CPU 10 ISR highest execution time (µs):                6,531724
CPU 10 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,002071
CPU 10 ISR count:                                      2737
CPU 10 DPC highest execution time (µs):                58,264577
CPU 10 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,036845
CPU 10 DPC count:                                      9977
CPU 11 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       0,737487
CPU 11 ISR highest execution time (µs):                9,006165
CPU 11 ISR total execution time (s):                   0,001355
CPU 11 ISR count:                                      1710
CPU 11 DPC highest execution time (µs):                48,146417
CPU 11 DPC total execution time (s):                   0,005576
CPU 11 DPC count:                                      1120