Need help with Nintendo Switch Thermal Paste / Cooling Solutions.

I've been planning to re-paste thermal paste for my V2 switch (2019).

It doesn't get seriously hot, but there is definitely an increase in heat fan noise and heat overall. Plus I think it needs little bit of cleaning and servicing! I have serveral years of experience with PC parts and larger consoles, but this is the first time I'm taking apart something small and delicate as the switch.

Im planning to do the following to improve the thermal performance of this device, please let me know if I've planned something wrong or anyway I can improve these.

1. Remove the metal CPU shield cover shim (or whatever thats called) and re-apply thermal paste there (Noctua NT-H1, surface will be cleaned with Arctic Clean Kit + 70% alcohol wipes).
  2. Put thermal pad on memory modules (options below)
    2.a - Put a 0.5mm thermal pad in between the shim and the memory module
    2.b - Put only on top of the shim not inside it (but I feel like there is not enough contact between the modules and the shim
    2.c - do both above.
  3. Then reapply the paste between shim and heat-pipe
  4. Then between the pipe and the shield plate
  5. I also wanted to know If I can replace the foam pieces on heat-sink with standard duct-tape -----or----- some thermal pads? (Thermal pads on heat-pipe will be a bad idea when it comes to heat dissipation) - I have a feeling they are tightly glued and may tear when removing the heat-sink, just being ready.

I need help with steps 2 and 5 mainly here, what should I do?