Pc refuses to boot into anything UEFI

Rezav

So a couple of days ago my home pc just randomly couldn't boot up into windows (11). I really couldn't figure out why, log files didn't really help, it said the root cause is "cdd5cb55-db68-4d71-aa38-3df2b6473a52.cip" is corrupt which is apparently a bug. startup repair didn't fix anything so i just used a usb linux distro, backed up my system partition files into other partitions, formatted it and deleted all the recovery partitions and msr partitions, made a new partition for the OS and tried installing a fresh windows and that's when i noticed i just could not boot into anything uefi bios mode. Any boot priority i chose it just skipped all the uefi ones and went straight to the first legacy priority. I've used uefi bios on this exact computer before so this is very weird. My hard drive is currently GPT and the windows installer when booted from legacy is asking me to convert it to mdr.

Turning off fast boot didn't help.

Any answers is appreciated

I managed to boot the windows 11 installer but i had to turn off secure boot and so now i can't install windows 11 because i don't have secure boot. Wow

Just now, Rezav said:

I managed to boot the windows 11 installer but i had to turn off secure boot and so now i can't install windows 11 because i don't have secure boot. Wow

Making the installer USB with Rufus you have the option to disable the reuirements:

Spoiler

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

I edit my posts more often than not

28 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Making the installer USB with Rufus you have the option to disable the reuirements:

Hide contents

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

Haha yeah i actually came here to post that i did exactly that and it worked.

I'm currently installing it but my OCD is infuriated. What caused this problem in the first place? I'd actually like to have secure boot and everything.

2 hours ago, Rezav said:

What caused this problem in the first place? I'd actually like to have secure boot and everything.

What caused it is probably Microsoft. Perhaps you can turn the secure boot on after installation.

I have my anomalous upgrade installation scratching my head also.

I edit my posts more often than not

I updated my bios firmware and everything seems to be resolved

For now...

It seemed to be a security issue with the old firmware. My guess is With updated secure boot keys it started working.

I'm not sure how to close this thread, if i must.