Laptop Won't Charge - Lenovo Carbon X1 6th Gen

MightyMango

Hello hello all.

I've been given a family members laptop (Lenovo Carbon X1 6th Gen) and It won't charge, I've done the basics of testing different wall ports, different chargers, removing the battery but no luck at all.

The laptop won't even turn on just the power cable - Normally there is meant to be a amber light next to charger port when its charging which isn't coming on either.

I've read that some Drivers/Firmware can affect the charging but the Laptop is at 0% battery and since no charger works, I can't update the software.

If you can give me any ideas or tricks I can try to get this laptop back!

Thank you!

This seems like a hardware problem, not software. The charging port itself is probably damaged. 

Does that one have the Lenovo charging port or usb c only? 

9 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

This seems like a hardware problem, not software. The charging port itself is probably damaged. 

Does that one have the Lenovo charging port or usb c only? 

So the main port is USB-C but on the opposite there is a SS USB Port that has what looks like a Battery symbol with a + in it - Is that the Lenovo charging port? 

5 minutes ago, MightyMango said:

So the main port is USB-C but on the opposite there is a SS USB Port that has what looks like a Battery symbol with a + in it - Is that the Lenovo charging port? 

If its a USB-A port its designed to charge other devices with the internal battery of the laptop while the laptop is turned off. So exactly the opposite. 😞

7 minutes ago, Angusticlavii said:

If its a USB-A port its designed to charge other devices with the internal battery of the laptop while the laptop is turned off. So exactly the opposite. 😞

Oh really, damn. would of be really useful if it was.