Leaving a laptop plugged in when using?

Bought a new laptop and I'm confused if i should use it plugged in all the time or should I cycle the battery from 30-80%. 
Which is more damaging in the long run? 
It's a gaming laptop so it definitely needs to be plugged in when gaming, but other times what should I be doing?

Some sources say that leaving it plugged in is bad for the battery, some say that cycling through the battery damages the battery faster than leaving it plugged in. So please suggest if you have the knowledge on the topic. 

14 minutes ago, balboa said:

Bought a new laptop and I'm confused if i should use it plugged in all the time or should I cycle the battery from 30-80%. 
It's a gaming laptop so it definitely needs to be plugged in when gaming, but other times what should I be doing?

Some sources say that leaving it plugged in is bad for the battery, some say that cycling through the battery damages the battery faster than leaving it plugged in. So please suggest if you have the knowledge on the topic. 

I think most laptop nowadays comes with a feature to prolong battery life that user can choose to turn on (meaning it will only charge up to 70-80% max). Turn that on.

I'm not a pro at laptop stuffs, but so far (only around 3 months or so, it's pretty much new) my Legion 5 doing fine plugged in 99% of the time.

I do unplug the charger from the wall socket after shutting down the laptop for the day though.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Just leave it plugged in. It's fine.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, balboa said:

If you're worried about it, most laptop manufacturers, especially in gaming laptops, have a charge limiter that will stop charging the battery entirely as soon as the limit that you set is reached. Technically, just the battery being manufactured is not good for it because it will have a limited lifespan nonetheless. But leaving it plugged in, which will have it charge fully, getting disconnected from the charging circuit, it slightly discharging again and it charging fully again can cause swelling over time. I'd recommend limiting your battery to 80% when it's plugged in all the time and charging it fully if you need full capacity. The way most of the limiters work is that they disconnect the battery from the charging circuit like normal, but then they'll wait until the battery has dropped a few percent, mostly up to 5%,(compared to just 0.xx %) before charging it again. This will put much less stress&strain on the battery

Edited by DreamCat04

I've used laptops as my daily drivers for years because I used to move countries every 6 months. I would leave my laptops plugged in for the entire 6 months at a time and it's not once seemed to cause any issues.

I'd say you're say to leave it plugged in. But also don't take my word as gospel