HDR destroys my Screen aspect ratio

Klennex

Hey thanks for all the help,

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7

now after fixing my DisplayPort issue. I have another one…

I did nothing but enabling HDR and my screen freaks out..

look at the pictures below. The screen stretches like it’s an ultra wide screen for no reason. 

can someone help me pls.

i would like to use HDR when I have it. But it’s unplayable.

i also have the normal screen when I go from 240Hz to 120Hz with HDR.but HDR and 240 Hz always results in this problem.

no matter how mana times I restart.

IMG_0427.jpeg

image.jpg

Screenshots of the Advanced Display Settings while in each mode would be helpful to diagnose what's happening. Additionally, what GPU and how the display is connected can't hurt. Information in general would be nice. 

Quite bizzare that HDR would be the main killer for a display, but I can see a few potential issues here.

My first idea would be to ensure that the device drivers and firmware are up to date, those can be found here

https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/model/LC27G75TQSCXXK/

If you are using a different model monitor then the one in the link, there should be a support page dedicated to that as well.

If you've got further issues we can figure this out, but typically weird things like this are driver related.

Good luck, from Odin.

1 hour ago, Klennex said:

Hey thanks for all the help,

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7

now after fixing my DisplayPort issue. I have another one…

I did nothing but enabling HDR and my screen freaks out..

look at the pictures below. The screen stretches like it’s an ultra wide screen for no reason. 

can someone help me pls.

i would like to use HDR when I have it. But it’s unplayable.

i also have the normal screen when I go from 240Hz to 120Hz with HDR.but HDR and 240 Hz always results in this problem.

no matter how mana times I restart.

IMG_0427.jpeg

image.jpg

I have the 32 inch version of that monitor and got the same problem 2 years ago until i upgraded firmware. 

PS: it's a dedicated USB-A port for FW upgrades on those monitors. that usually are accessible from windows. just not during FW update. since it's a hassle to get to if your monitor is mounted.. put a small usb stick in it and leave it there until next time you need to upgrade it. 🙂