What’s molex?

john b

Is a molex case fan another word for 4pin?

5 minutes ago, john b said:

No.

Molex is a type of connector often used in old time PC.

What @Tan3l6 posted above is the female version, the one below is the male version.

image.png.27fd9c033e5b73945944079d48dc926d.png

4pin fan connector  :

Mainly the rightmost one.

image.png.9ef2133c839fe6d2dfc0afa4eb869e5c.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Molex is a company that makes connectors and other things.

People often refer to the old style hard drive connectors as molex connectors but other connectors are also made by Molex (along with other companies) ... ex Molex KK series for the fan headers, Molex Mini-Fit Jr series for the 24 pin ATX , EPS and pci-e 6/8 pin connectors ...

4 hours ago, john b said:

a fan with only a molex connector is one speed only noncontrollable(unless it is a switch on the fan), as it is the old power connector standard used before Sata power connectors was invented. used as long as i can remember computing and that is end of 70s... 

8 hours ago, Robchil said:

a fan with only a molex connector is one speed only noncontrollable(unless it is a switch on the fan), as it is the old power connector standard used before Sata power connectors was invented. used as long as i can remember computing and that is end of 70s... 

ya can still control it. the good old switch with off 5v 7v 12v

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, Robchil said:

Well, unless you're talking about Apple and SCSI(?). MAYBE ALSO Randy, TRS, Commodore, etc.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

this is molex the company that aslo owns the patent for the "molex" connector on the psu. but other have gotten around the patent by making a kockoff.

but molex the company probably owns most of pc connectors. dont think the own dupunt thow.

they even own the "corsair" connector

but people use the name molex for other connectors too.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

The 4 pin standard 12v + 5v connectors were the worst ever! The HAF XB case I just got came with fan adapters to those connectors, and the pins don't even align with the power supply plugs