How long do AIOs last?

Floresdorf

I have heard, from many sources, that if your AIO lasts 2 or 3 years without having to refill (if applicable) or replace, you are very lucky.

But this sounds very extreme, at least to me. How can such a pc part last so little?

Or is this just wrong and people are exaggerating?

My laptop (HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2)

Core i7-7600U (vPro) (2C; 4T), Intel HD Graphics 620, 16GB (2x8) 2133 MT/s DDR4 RAM, 512GB SATA SSD, 1080p 120hz IPS 13.3" touch Display, Windows 11 Pro (upgraded from Windows 10 Pro via registry hack)

Translation: it's trash

On average it's about 5 years. Some people do have it die in shorter amounts of time, and there are some people out there that have ones that are 10 years old. It's long enough that most people will build a system, and by the time they're ready to build a new one (most people have systems for 3-5 years) the AIO will be nearing the end of they're life. 

i have had about 8 aio, noene of them have died of "natual causes".  
(and why so many, im an ethusiast xD) 

I have several that are at or beyond the 10 year mark. I've never had one fail whether it's one that's sat for a year or two or one that's in constant rotation amongst my test benches, I've also never had to fill one so far. There's bad apples out there but they seem to be the exception in most cases and not the rule. Just stick to the well known models and do your due diligence; watch and read a couple reviews on the model you're looking at and go from there.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

@RONOTHAN## @NorKris @ApolloX75

I‘m going to buy a Deepcool Lt720. What is the reputation for deepcool?

Core i7-7600U (vPro) (2C; 4T), Intel HD Graphics 620, 16GB (2x8) 2133 MT/s DDR4 RAM, 512GB SATA SSD, 1080p 120hz IPS 13.3" touch Display, Windows 11 Pro (upgraded from Windows 10 Pro via registry hack)

36 minutes ago, Floresdorf said:

@RONOTHAN## @NorKris @ApolloX75

I‘m going to buy a Deepcool Lt720. What is the reputation for deepcool?

Theyve massively improved from the initial Castle lineup that have ruptured tubes from shitty fittings that they have. The LT720 achilles heel so far is the fans thats included. Its loud compared to Arctic offering.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Theyve massively improved from the initial Castle lineup that have ruptured tubes from shitty fittings that they have. The LT720 achilles heel so far is the fans thats included. Its loud compared to Arctic offering.

I looked at that arctic offering (the arctic liquid freezer ii 360) and it’s a bit worse in cooling, and, let’s admit it, the deepcool looks way better.

I’d rather have better cooling than quieter fans, plus the arctic is a lot more expensive in my region.