turned off out of nowhere

andy220
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

So ryzen.  X570 isn’t as old as b450 but it’s close.  You’ll want to make sure you have -current bios.  That’s a basic for anything ryzen though.might want to try it with a 650w+ PSU.

sittin here watchin cleetus mcfarland eating some tacos with gta 5 in the background and next thing i know my computer turns off. 

my fans don’t spin, no post, power button turns on pic but won’t turn it off but i still have rgb and i hear my hdd spin up along with the little fan on my motherboard. 

i’ve bridge together cleartc plenty of times as well as took my cmos battery out, tried bridging the power button and an older gpu. computers got some miles on it so i don’t know what would have caused it. anything would help so i shouldn’t have to take it to a shop

1 hour ago, andy220 said:

sittin here watchin cleetus mcfarland eating some tacos with gta 5 in the background and next thing i know my computer turns off. 

my fans don’t spin, no post, power button turns on pic but won’t turn it off but i still have rgb and i hear my hdd spin up along with the little fan on my motherboard. 

i’ve bridge together cleartc plenty of times as well as took my cmos battery out, tried bridging the power button and an older gpu. computers got some miles on it so i don’t know what would have caused it. anything would help so i shouldn’t have to take it to a shop

If your house is as hot as my house it could have been a thermal shutdown.  The other thing that comes to mind is overpowering your PSU and the OCP tripped.  Without knowing what your hardware is though I’m basically randomly guessing. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

you might be on to something with the psu it’s only a 500w and is the oldest part, but saying what’s in it might help you’re right. 

it’s a 5600x on a cooler master aio with a tuf x570 board and a triple fan 3060 

So ryzen.  X570 isn’t as old as b450 but it’s close.  You’ll want to make sure you have -current bios.  That’s a basic for anything ryzen though.might want to try it with a 650w+ PSU.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

so went out to best buy and got a 750w psu and she booted right up thanks for the help boss man