Asus Vivo Flip 14 screen not turning on.

Go to solution Solved by DarkWaterSong,

Plug it to an external display to see if the backlight or other part of the LCD went out.  Also you can pull the drive from it, and use another copy of windows to look it over for errors and backup data.  Finally, I would disconnect the battery and see if can boot plugged in.  Just spicy pillow is not the only way batteries in laptops go bad.

My sister laptop screen is not turing on

its a Vivo flip 14 TP401M

its has 

Intel pentuim Pentuim Silver N5030 up 3.10 Ghz

4gb ramm

128gb emmc memory

windows 10

I have tried the recommend things on ifixit so does anyone have any other help/support they could give me?

The power light is turning on and it charges(edit)

Plug it to an external display to see if the backlight or other part of the LCD went out.  Also you can pull the drive from it, and use another copy of windows to look it over for errors and backup data.  Finally, I would disconnect the battery and see if can boot plugged in.  Just spicy pillow is not the only way batteries in laptops go bad.

6 minutes ago, DarkWaterSong said:

"Just spicy pillow is not the only way batteries in laptops go bad."?????- truely confusing

"Also you can pull the drive from it, and use another copy of windows to look it over for errors and backup data." - as for this I will proberly leave this as a last resort as I dont think she'll apprecate me pulling her laptop apart.

"Plug it to an external display to see if the backlight or other part of the LCD went out. " - as for this I will definitely try this.

Thank you for your help.

One of the ways a Lithium Ion battery goes bad, is a run away reaction and the battery puffs up like a pillow.  If you handled the battery ruffly in this state, it will catch on fire and not stop until it has burned all the Lithium, because the reaction is hot enough to break water into H and O.

Here's why the batteries in your gadgets start to bloat over time - The  Washington Post

Other ways a battery can die, is they only have so many charge cycles before they just cannot hold as much juice.  After a while they can no longer hold enough power to boot a device.  Also this can actually happen to some styles of batteries even if you are not charging and discharging it due to the internal chemistry still happening.

2 minutes ago, DarkWaterSong said:

One of the ways a Lithium Ion battery goes bad, is a run away reaction and the battery puffs up like a pillow.  If you handled the battery ruffly in this state, it will catch on fire and not stop until it has burned all the Lithium, because the reaction is hot enough to break water into H and O.

Here's why the batteries in your gadgets start to bloat over time - The  Washington Post

Other ways a battery can die, is they only have so many charge cycles before they just cannot hold as much juice.  After a while they can no longer hold enough power to boot a device.  Also this can actually happen to some styles of batteries even if you are not charging and discharging it due to the internal chemistry still happening.

Yeah okay, makes sense thanks

Also for bonus points, here is the pillow version of the "you don't want to find this in a device".

Spicy pillows! : r/spicypillows