Bluetooth Wifi Pcie card addition?

Heyo... So Ive recently finished my first custom build, with an Asus prime z690-P motherboard.(no wireless connectivity)

I bought the Keychron k3 keyboard, and really enjoy using it. The thing is that this keyboard can be used through bluetooth, which is how I intended to use it, but I didnt realise that the Keychron bluetooth dongle/adapter was sold seperately.  Im from South Africa, and its pretty much impossible to order this dongle and have it shipped to me, as no other online market place sells this specific keychron adapter/dongle, and Keychron doesn't ship to SA.

I guess my question is this: Can I use an Asus Wifi/bluetooth Pcie adapter to solve my problem? Would this Pcie adapter even be able to connect / communicate to the keyboard?

I play competitive fps games, so would this possible solution have a latency input implications?

Any other possible solutions welcome.

1 hour ago, Telepathetic said:

Heyo... So Ive recently finished my first custom build, with an Asus prime z690-P motherboard.(no wireless connectivity)

I bought the Keychron k3 keyboard, and really enjoy using it. The thing is that this keyboard can be used through bluetooth, which is how I intended to use it, but I didnt realise that the Keychron bluetooth dongle/adapter was sold seperately.  Im from South Africa, and its pretty much impossible to order this dongle and have it shipped to me, as no other online market place sells this specific keychron adapter/dongle, and Keychron doesn't ship to SA.

I guess my question is this: Can I use an Asus Wifi/bluetooth Pcie adapter to solve my problem? Would this Pcie adapter even be able to connect / communicate to the keyboard?

I play competitive fps games, so would this possible solution have a latency input implications?

Any other possible solutions welcome.

Thanks 🙂

I am very sorry but no, you won't be able to use the On-Board Bluetooth for the Keyboard. Every Wireless Keyboard & Mouse device has it's own Dongle for a reason. They have software built into the Dongle it's self to ensure the connectivity between the 2 devices.

I think the only options you have are to find a way to get the original Dongle or get a whole new Keyboard.

On a side note: Can the Keyboard connect to the PC through a regular USB cable, like does it have a cable already attached to it? Some Keyboard & Mice have both Wired and Wireless connections.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

Hi, someone with actual experience with Keychron products here.

but I didnt realise that the Keychron bluetooth dongle/adapter was sold seperately

This is normal. Keychron doesnt use the usual 2.4GHz system that common wireless keyboard protocol uses like Logitech Unify/Lightspeed, Razer Hyperspeed, Corsair Slipstream, etc. It just uses the standard Bluetooth 5.1 protocol, at 125hz poll rate.

Can I use an Asus Wifi/bluetooth Pcie adapter to solve my problem?

Remember to read up on it in specs. Some wireless adapter chipsets are only wifi or only bluetooth. Something like Asus PCE-AX3000 (which uses the eponymous Intel chipset) does both.

VERY. 22ms is super noticeable in terms of input latency, i highly recommend something at the north of 10 or below for solely gaming, but its not the end of the world to have around 16, but at 20? youll notice it. But really i also recommend finding out 1000hz polling rate board for games where it matters like rythm games or games with technical movement that needs specifically timed key inputs to take advantage like in Apex Legends where "superglide" (the ability for a character to slide dramatically faster and further off a ledge) can have a timing window as small as 1-3 frames.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.