Where can I buy laptop cooling mounting system screws?

MK73DS

Hello. I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question.

I tried to replace the thermal paste of my laptop but I didn't have the right screwdriver and I completely stripped one of the mounting screws... I think I can manage to still unscrew it (maybe with super-glue or something like that) but I won't be able to screw it again. So I want to know where I can get these replacement screws. On Lenovo's website, the part is listed as "unavailable" (it's called "Screw Pack H 82SN" and contains all the screws of the laptop, but I only need the small "flat headed" ones, the part number of the pack is 5S10S35422).

I don't know anything about screws but I know that, especially for these, if I screw up (pun intended) I'll be in a really bad shape. Tolerance on the mounting system, especially on a laptop where it is a direct die contact, are very small, so I'l like to not use any random screw and only the original ones. However, if these are standard screws that can be found somewhere else, I'm interested to know which one they are and where I can get them, assuming they are the exact same ones.

This is my cooler and my motherboard, and you can see the three holes for mounting it, but no label for which type of screw it uses

Spoiler

5H40S20668_B.jpg5H40S20668_A.jpg5B21H82158_A.jpg

I don't know if this is enough information for you to be able to know what type of screw it is (maybe they're just standard across all manufacturers or something like that).

Thanks for helping!

43 minutes ago, MK73DS said:

Hello. I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question.

I tried to replace the thermal paste of my laptop but I didn't have the right screwdriver and I completely stripped one of the mounting screws... I think I can manage to still unscrew it (maybe with super-glue or something like that) but I won't be able to screw it again. So I want to know where I can get these replacement screws. On Lenovo's website, the part is listed as "unavailable" (it's called "Screw Pack H 82SN" and contains all the screws of the laptop, but I only need the small "flat headed" ones, the part number of the pack is 5S10S35422).

I don't know anything about screws but I know that, especially for these, if I screw up (pun intended) I'll be in a really bad shape. Tolerance on the mounting system, especially on a laptop where it is a direct die contact, are very small, so I'l like to not use any random screw and only the original ones. However, if these are standard screws that can be found somewhere else, I'm interested to know which one they are and where I can get them, assuming they are the exact same ones.

This is my cooler and my motherboard, and you can see the three holes for mounting it, but no label for which type of screw it uses

Hide contents

5H40S20668_B.jpg5H40S20668_A.jpg5B21H82158_A.jpg

I don't know if this is enough information for you to be able to know what type of screw it is (maybe they're just standard across all manufacturers or something like that).

Thanks for helping!

I think rather than showing that, show the screw pic instead.

Preferably with a measurement as well.

edit: You can buy one of this and see if it matches

https://www.amazon.com/Titanium-Notebook-Computer-Electronic-Motherboard/dp/B08XLRRDGZ

Unless you're okay shipping from New Zealand because that's the only place i found on google that sells the exact pack.

https://store.emprgroup.co.nz/p-565725-5s10s35422-screw-screw-pack-h-82sn.aspx

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

You can probably buy those screws from a local tech shop. You need to mesure the screw and get the type of screw.

(Or you could just buy one of those cheap screw sets that come up in Aliexpress when you search for : laptop screw lenovo)

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

16 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

I think rather than showing that, show the screw pic instead.

Preferably with a measurement as well.

edit: You can buy one of this and see if it matches

https://www.amazon.com/Titanium-Notebook-Computer-Electronic-Motherboard/dp/B08XLRRDGZ

Unless you're okay shipping from New Zealand because that's the only place i found on google that sells the exact pack.

https://store.emprgroup.co.nz/p-565725-5s10s35422-screw-screw-pack-h-82sn.aspx

8 minutes ago, leclod said:

You can probably buy those screws from a local tech shop. You need to mesure the screw and get the type of screw.

(Or you could buy one of those cheap screw sets that come up in Aliexpress when you search for : laptop screw lenovo)

As I said, I can't unscrew them because I'm not sure I'll be able to screw them back again since they're stripped, so that's why I can't really show a picture of the screw and I'm sorry for that. That's also why I can't just try random screws to see if it works: on top of the potential damage or bad contact on the die, I also can't guarantee I'll be able to put back the original screws in the case none of the replacements work.

As for the seller from New Zealand, I'm just not ready to pay over $100 for three screws...

I know I sound like a child who doesn't want to hear any solution to its problem but I'm not really in a position where I can afford over $100 or breaking my laptop just "for convenience". The reason I want to replace my stock thermal paste is so hopefully the fans won't spin as frequently so I can get more battery life out of my laptop. It's a nice to have but I don't want to really take lots of risks.

So if anyone knows exactly what are the screws used there and can link me somewhere to buy them (at a reasonable price) I'd be more than happy, but if not it's okay and my laptop still works fine as it is.

1 hour ago, MK73DS said:

As for the seller from New Zealand, I'm just not ready to pay over $100 for three screws...

You can't spare 5 bucks ?

Edit : ok, you can't unscrew that one. But you probably can unscrew another one that looks alike and go buy some at the store.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.