Finally getting to do a dream build and all parts are here!

SirDabsAlot

Got my big raise at work so i decided it was time to build the pc i have been dreaming about for atleast 15 years now. Parts may have changed from back then but the ideal has not. The build is a 13900KS and 4090 and this will be my first custom loop water cool build i have ever done. Here is the pic of the parts i will be with out a computer while i do this because i am pulling a few parts out of my old one like my 2 gen 3 m.2 to go along with the 2 new Samsung 990 pros i got. so hopefully i will post new picks and updates on how it wen tomorrow afternoon or maybe sunday. we will see how it goes since this is my first custom loop and i am using hard tubes.

20230602_170211.jpg

13 minutes ago, SirDabsAlot said:

Got my big raise at work so i decided it was time to build the pc i have been dreaming about for atleast 15 years now. Parts may have changed from back then but the ideal has not. The build is a 13900KS and 4090 and this will be my first custom loop water cool build i have ever done. Here is the pic of the parts i will be with out a computer while i do this because i am pulling a few parts out of my old one like my 2 gen 3 m.2 to go along with the 2 new Samsung 990 pros i got. so hopefully i will post new picks and updates on how it wen tomorrow afternoon or maybe sunday. we will see how it goes since this is my first custom loop and i am using hard tubes.

20230602_170211.jpg

Congrats 馃檪聽 Nice system for sure.聽 Hopefully it will give you many years of gaming fun 馃檪

Day 1 (5PM start when last parts arrived)

That took alot longer than I expected. I finished wednesday night. Now i have had a 2 days after work to play with it and and work out a few bugs but here is the build log. I started with the graphics card. This was the first time i have but a water block on a gpu and I went with the EKWB quantum vector2 with the active backplate for the msi 4090 suprim x. This was a fairly simple prosses compared to what I expected but it still took along time. I did have some trouble getting the getting the screw to go back in though the port block. I took a fair bit of pressure to get the holes to line up to get the first screw in then the other 2 went easy.

8d68cdae-7021-4788-b8b0-3342313d1a1e.jpg

823c788f-3df3-4daf-a67d-08b7e2fdaff2.jpg

3c25ebf2-6b59-423d-8810-647438576247.jpg

Day 2

After that i moved onto the cpu waterblock. Here is used an EKWB quantum momentum2 for the asus rog maximus z690 extreme. I paired this with a 13900ks and a thermalright contact frame. This was a fairly simple it was just 4 screws to remove intels locking frame and replace it with the thermalright. the block was a little more involved i had to remove the back plate from the motherboard to be able to get the vrm heat sinks off but past that the block a easy installation. When that was all done i mounted the motherboard in the case which was the phanteks NV7. then I went on and flushed the radiators and got everything mounted in the case. The graphics card is were i ran into problems. I used EKWBs vertical gpu mount because it was made to fit the active back plate. The first problem arose because they had me reuse the io plate on the gpu which was a 3 slot but the vertical mount was made for a 2 slot io. The video i used to help with the installation was from Jayztwocents and he received a 2 slot io with the active backplate he used but my directions told me to reuse the one that came with the card. so i had to cut a slot in the case to accommodate the longer io plate. The second problem was the riser cable the provided was way to long and it took a little doing to carefully get it to fit behind the gpu without kinking it.

4d529822-9432-4d0e-a8b4-2bd4ab3917be.jpg

ee4997b0-9cd2-424d-bdf7-0263477e9c31.jpg

ac10a23c-49de-49fb-9b10-917d4256bc48.jpg

20230610_061946.jpg

Day 3 & 4

The next morning after fighting the with the gpu and the case i set out to start my tube bending journey. I spent an hour or 2 watching some videos for tips and tricks then got started. this was WAY harder than I expected it to be and I expected it to be the hardest part of the build. I started with a 4 pack of 80cm and a 4 pack of 60 thinking this would be enough and it was but only just barley. I ruined several full pieces in the beginning by burning them trying to get used to how close to hold them to the heat gun and for how long. I also ruined some on some of the short runs trying to be over ambitious on how to do the bend trying to get bends to close to each other. I spent all of sunday on this and managed to get all but one bend into the system. Monday after work I got the last bend done made sure everything was tight and pressure tested the system. There are several run I am not particularly happy with and when I maintenance the system I may try to redo them but at this point I can live with them and if I wanted to get them right I would have had to order more tubing and wait for shipping with no computer for a couple more days. So when it comes time to drain the loop and clean it I will probably give that another shot.

20230604_095048.jpg

43abc5c4-ed4b-42b2-b093-915a8ddcc5dd.jpg

83d7e81a-3344-4c90-828b-3a65f9206034.jpg

d1e7e5aa-32c8-4a6f-8cb3-dc84c3d31b34.jpg

cef62e3d-cb99-40e7-abb1-d1a0ff9c3918.jpg

Day 5

Now it is time to triple check everything and get the loop filled after I get off work. I got everything set up and got it booted but only half of the RGB is working and I had to spend a hour trying to figure it out. Finally I say screw it ill figure it out this weekend when I have time to troubleshoot I just want to try this thing out in a game so I fire up discord and hop one Diablo 4. As soon as I get in discord and start talking to people I notice the RGB that was not working start flashing when they talk. Well armory crate (terrible software) decided it was going to automatically put that whole section on the music reactive setting. So when I wasnt doing anything with audio it just seemed like it wasnt working and I wasted an hour checking connections and unplugging and replunging and wiggling and trying to figure it out lol. There are still a few issues I have to figure out I will work on this weekend like the pull fans on the top radiator are not lighting up not a big deal because you can barely see them they would just provide an accent line above the radiator but I still want get that sorted. Also for some reason when I used it tuesday night all the screens worked just fine but when I tried tried to boot it up on wednesday after work all I got was black screens. After some screwing around I figure out if I unplugged one of the screens it would boot with 2. Still cant figure out why. So for right now my sensor panel is running off the integrated graphics and the monitor and tv are running off the gpu. Something I need to solve but eluded me all day yesterday.

20230606_194143.jpg

20230606_194131.jpg

20230607_191504.jpg

20230607_200353.jpg

2c0c7cf5-4ffd-4096-a4ef-cfc815404f2d.jpg

f259fdc1-72bd-4407-8b83-9232e259f33a.jpg

Complete Parts list:

Phanteks NV7 Case

13900KS

Asus ROG Maximus z690 Extreme

MSI 4090 Suprim X

G.Skill 64GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30

Samsung 990 Pro 2TB X2

Corsair AX1600I

Lian LI Unifans ALv2 3x140 11x120

Alphacool Rads 240x25 360x30 and 360x60

Alphacool Fittings

EKWB Waterblocks聽

EKWB Pump Res combo

EKWB Veritcal GPU Mount

Samsung Neo G8 4k 240Hz 32" Display

FormulaMod Sensor panel screen

I think that is everything I do want to get some cable mods to help with some of the clutter in the cable management but I want wait a couple weeks and enjoy it before I tare back into it.