Ryzen 7 7700x Overheating on a Aorus Elite AX B650 Motherboard and a Corsair WaterCooling

EsLeandro

Hi! Recently i bought a new computer 
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX B650 MB
Ryzen 7 7700x 
Corsair DDR5 5600mhz Ram
RTX 4070ti 
1000w gold certified corsair PSU

My AIO WaterCooling is the CORSAIR iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX that i took from my previous setup since AM4 coolers are compatible with AM5

And the case is the Corsair Carbide 470t, so it has a pretty decent space

When i was installing windows on the system the computer just turned off suddenly, at that point i thought it was something with the TPM 2.0 because the computer was turning off every time i was setting up the 4 pin for windows.

At that point i got into the bios and the tpm 2.0 was enabled, the thing that i noticed was the CPU running at 100 degrees, went up to 105 degrees and then the computer just shut down again. I didn't modify anything in the bios, i don't like overclocking. Also everything was on default. 

The hardware wasn't damaged but i didn't wanted to try anything else without knowing what to do.

I checked the BIOS version and it was Ver.F3, i checked the CPU and the water block was firmly attached to the cpu, also the thermal paste was brand new.

The thing that i noticed was the water block RGB  was not turning on but the fans were running at full speed

As i said i used this watercooler in my previous computer and is technically brand new, i bought it 2 months ago and it was working perfectly on my previous setup just yesterday mantaining 50 degrees or lower all the time on a Ryzen 5 5600x.

Also i don't know if this helps but the water block is connected to the ''CPU FAN'' pins on the motherboard. The water tubes were vibrating but i think i figured out that it was vibrating because of the fans running at max speed.

I don't know if there is a difference with connecting it with the ''CPU OPT'' ''CPU FAN'' or ''SYSTEM FAN'' But while i was watching the BIOS i took a picture and all the fans in the ''Smart fan'' section appeared in ''N/A''

I'm having troubles figuring out the problem and i don't know if i should update the bios because in the motherboard page says that ryzen 7 7700x is compatible with the ''F1'' version and this one is updated to the ''F3'' I don't know if i should update it to F6b or something.

4498a7ec-1a69-496f-a099-f0317a6481df.jpg

27860e80-e7fc-4533-ac8e-c7aeb5a175fb.jpg

so, you should put your fingers on the CPU Block and see if you can feel the pump spinning.

Also:

Is the Pump Block Fan Connector plugged directly into the motherboard?

What are the fans plugged into?  Cuz they're not showing up either.

2 minutes ago, tkitch said:

so, you should put your fingers on the CPU Block and see if you can feel the pump spinning.

Also:

Is the Pump Block Fan Connector plugged directly into the motherboard?

What are the fans plugged into?  Cuz they're not showing up either.

Yes. It's connected directly into the motherboard, on the ''CPU FAN'' pins.

That's whats confusing me, the fan is connected but its not showing up on the motherboard and its not cooling the CPU.

you gonna respond to more than just that one line in the middle?

Hi! Recently i bought a new computer 
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX B650 MB
Ryzen 7 7700x 
Corsair DDR5 5600mhz Ram
RTX 4070ti 
1000w gold certified corsair PSU

My AIO WaterCooling is the CORSAIR iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX that i took from my previous setup since AM4 coolers are compatible with AM5

And the case is the Corsair Carbide 470t, so it has a pretty decent space

When i was installing windows on the system the computer just turned off suddenly, at that point i thought it was something with the TPM 2.0 because the computer was turning off every time i was setting up the 4 pin for windows.

At that point i got into the bios and the tpm 2.0 was enabled, the thing that i noticed was the CPU running at 100 degrees, went up to 105 degrees and then the computer just shut down again. I didn't modify anything in the bios, i don't like overclocking. Also everything was on default. 

The hardware wasn't damaged but i didn't wanted to try anything else without knowing what to do.

I checked the BIOS version and it was Ver.F3, i checked the CPU and the water block was firmly attached to the cpu, also the thermal paste was brand new.

The thing that i noticed was the water block RGB  was not turning on but the fans were running at full speed

As i said i used this watercooler in my previous computer and is technically brand new, i bought it 2 months ago and it was working perfectly on my previous setup just yesterday mantaining 50 degrees or lower all the time on a Ryzen 5 5600x.

Also i don't know if this helps but the water block is connected to the ''CPU FAN'' pins on the motherboard. The water tubes were vibrating but i think i figured out that it was vibrating because of the fans running at max speed.

I don't know if there is a difference with connecting it with the ''CPU OPT'' ''CPU FAN'' or ''SYSTEM FAN'' But while i was watching the BIOS i took a picture and all the fans in the ''Smart fan'' section appeared in ''N/A''

I'm having troubles figuring out the problem and i don't know if i should update the bios because in the motherboard page says that ryzen 7 7700x is compatible with the ''F1'' version and this one is updated to the ''F3'' I don't know if i should update it to F6b or something.

(Also i posted this by accident on the general forum, i didn't know how to move or delete the previous post)

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

you gonna respond to more than just that one line in the middle?

My bad, sorry.

When i put my fingers on the CPU i can feel the vibrations but the thing is that i think its coming from the fans spinning at max speed.

Yes, the water block is connected into the motherboard in the ''CPU FAN'' pins.

And the fans are connected but i don't know exactly where, because they are working but i don't see where is actually connected

First:  Figure out where the fans are plugged in.  that matters.

Second:  go into the BIOS and make sure the board is trying to monitor the RPM of the fans, and they're not set to "ignore" or "disable" or something.

Make sure they're set to PWM if the fans are 4 pin.

Are the sata and USB connectors plugged in? 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

First:  Figure out where the fans are plugged in.  that matters.

Second:  go into the BIOS and make sure the board is trying to monitor the RPM of the fans, and they're not set to "ignore" or "disable" or something.

Make sure they're set to PWM if the fans are 4 pin.

Alright. Actually i paid a friend to build the setup so i don't know where is everything, i'm omw to his office but he doesn't know what happened either because its his first time building a ryzen 7000 series with a 4000 gpu.

With the first part i didn't know the fans had other connectors, i only see 2 coming out of the water block, the cpu that is connected into the CPU FAN 4 pin connector but that connector only has 3 holes to connect to the pins. Then the other cable is bigger and its connected into the Corsair RGB controller.

Alright, i was trying to figure out where are the fans connected and my friend told me that the fans are connected into the RGB controller.

From the water block just comes out those 2 cables, the one connected to the RGB and the other one connected to the motherboard. I don't know if there is a additional one connected to the RGB controller or its the same one.

I'm trying to figure out in what part of the bios i can setup the monitor of the fans.

And the last part i don't really know, i think the fans are 3 pins, you mean to set to PWM in the bios?

4ddb921e-c972-4c49-a1d5-94ca1173bfbd.jpg

0eb49a1c-9665-44a1-a042-e3f88a21c15e.jpg

33 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Are the sata and USB connectors plugged in? 

Yes. The PC turns on but then the CPU gets up to 100 degrees and just shut downs

Also it has a NVMe M.2 with 1TB of space

8 minutes ago, EsLeandro said:

Also it has a NVMe M.2 with 1TB of space

Step 3 shows what I mean. 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049453232-How-to-Install-the-iCUE-Elite-Capellix-liquid-CPU-cooler-for-AMD-sockets

The Commander Core gets power from a Sata connector, and connects to your motherboard by a usb connector. I'd make sure both of these, and the 24 pin for the aio pump are plugged in all the way. 

12 minutes ago, EsLeandro said:

I'm trying to figure out in what part of the bios i can setup the monitor of the fans.

12 minutes ago, EsLeandro said:

Alright, i was trying to figure out where are the fans connected and my friend told me that the fans are connected into the RGB controller.

If they're plugged into the RGB controller, you wont see the fans in BIOS. Only in the iCue software. That's why there is the 1 wire going to the motherboard. It gives the motherboard a reported speed on the pump, and keeps it from throwing an error for not having a CPU fan plugged in. 

Pin 3 is your tach reading whether it's in PWM or DC mode, so there not being a reading there is telling me something isn't right with how it was installed..

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

as @IkeaGnome mentioned:  That single wire going to the fan header is just for RPM Monitoring.

Where does the other wire coming from the block go?

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not multi-post topics, once is enough.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER