RTX 3070ti vs RTX 4070 for rendering and ArchViz

Hello all, i am considering upgrading my graphics card, for a budget of about 600 USD.

so i am torn between the rtx 3070ti and the rtx 4070.

the main use of the gpu would be rendering and CAD.

i know some of you would suggest some AMD cards but sadly i cand consider them due to the lack of support for AMD in the software that i run.

so please share your thoughts and expertise on the topic.

If you can get a 4070 for that price, it will offer better performance than a 3070TI, at least in gaming. 

I assume the same is true for CAD as it simply has more raw horsepower than the 3070ti.

57 minutes ago, Azad Haj Hussein said:

so i am torn between the rtx 3070ti and the rtx 4070.

If this is US, neither. Used RTX 3090 can be had at around that price and it would come with double the VRAM buffer.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

If this is US, neither. Used RTX 3090 can be had at around that price and it would come with double the VRAM buffer.

Depends, CUDA, Raytracing and OpenCL are dramatically faster on 4000 series.  Will they be using those things?  Though yeah, VRAM is a consideration that makes it even more tricky.

Also what's your climate?  Will the extra heat output of a 3090 pose a problem or extra cost for air conditioning?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Though yeah, VRAM is a consideration that makes it even more tricky.

Mhm. 3090 is in parity to 4070 but double the VRAM, hence why i think going used would be it if OP dont mind the extra power consumption.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.