Black screen and Restart upon GPU usage

yourboytobin

Hello,

Amd 5700G

Nvidia 3070

16gb Ram

650w Coolermaster PSu

Having trouble with my 3070, was playing games today and had a crash out of nowhere, upon trying to start any games now i instantly black screen and PC reboots itself, this also occurs when trying to benchmark the GPU also, crash logs just say its a hardware crash, is the GPU dead or anyway i can fix this.

I have had no problems with computer crashing or such prior to today, now completely unable to play anything

Any help or suggestions or just the cold hard truth appreciated Thanks

really need a little more info

just guesswork on my part but possibly the PSU is not delivering enough power ? 

As stated simply a guess as you do not list your system specs.

8 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

really need a little more info

just guesswork on my part but possibly the PSU is not delivering enough power ? 

As stated simply a guess as you do not list your system specs.

Sorry about that

its an HP Omen prebuild

amd 5700G

Nvidia 3070

16gb ram

650w Coolermaster PSu

650w should be adequate to run the system without issues but I guess it is out of warranty ?

I would try a couple of simple things firsts before anything else.

remove the side panel so that you can see everything inside the PC. 

when you press the power button look at the PSU and if the fan is visible does it spin for a moment as that is generally a self test mode before power is sent to the motherboard.

also have a look to see if the internals are clean ? not accusing you of neglect but often people put a pc on the floor and just leave it there till something goes wrong.

make sure dust filters etc are not blocked with fluff etc.

basically just check the cleanliness of the internals.

If you are comfortable messing around inside a PC you can do the following.

Shut it down and remove the power plug. once that has been done you can try checking cables are seated properly.

Also check that the CPU cooling is secure. if it is a simple air fan just take a screw driver and check if the fan is secured properly by turning the screws with a little gentle pressure. do not force it. if a screw turns with ease then tighten it a little bit. once done try rebooting.

Also just check thGPU is seated properly. Might have worked loose over time with movement of the PC when cleaning the desk etc.

You can if the system is unplugged carefully unplug the gpu from the PCI socket. Remember to use the little catch release at the end of the PCI slot once removed carefully reinsert. You apply pressure till you hear and feel it click into the socket. then try a reboot.

7 hours ago, johnno23 said:

650w should be adequate to run the system without issues but I guess it is out of warranty ?

I would try a couple of simple things firsts before anything else.

remove the side panel so that you can see everything inside the PC. 

when you press the power button look at the PSU and if the fan is visible does it spin for a moment as that is generally a self test mode before power is sent to the motherboard.

also have a look to see if the internals are clean ? not accusing you of neglect but often people put a pc on the floor and just leave it there till something goes wrong.

make sure dust filters etc are not blocked with fluff etc.

basically just check the cleanliness of the internals.

If you are comfortable messing around inside a PC you can do the following.

Shut it down and remove the power plug. once that has been done you can try checking cables are seated properly.

Also check that the CPU cooling is secure. if it is a simple air fan just take a screw driver and check if the fan is secured properly by turning the screws with a little gentle pressure. do not force it. if a screw turns with ease then tighten it a little bit. once done try rebooting.

Also just check thGPU is seated properly. Might have worked loose over time with movement of the PC when cleaning the desk etc.

You can if the system is unplugged carefully unplug the gpu from the PCI socket. Remember to use the little catch release at the end of the PCI slot once removed carefully reinsert. You apply pressure till you hear and feel it click into the socket. then try a reboot.

GPU is running, fans are all good and its reading perfectly normals temps, cleaned the whole thing out and still no luck

this could be non-gpu related.
try with only 1stick of ram and load bios defaults.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

35 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

this could be non-gpu related.
try with only 1stick of ram and load bios defaults.

I will give that a try when i am home thank you