Entire line of text turns an impossible shade of red when using autocorrect. Now every post with the red text is bugged. (Sorry) lol

UPDATE: I may not be able to explain Its behavior, or why it happened, but I think that the text inherited the color of the red squiggly line when I used autocorrect in that text box. It's very strange.

All of the text inside the arrows looks red to me ---> EXAMPLE TEXT, feel free to mess around with this!  <--- All of the text inside the arrows looks red to me. Also, I just realized that

Browser, version and OS: Google Chrome Version 113.0.5672.134 (Official Build) (64-bit) Chrome OS

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

I was writing a status update.  I haven't tried reproducing it. Luckily, if it is able to be reproduced, you should be able to do so, as I recorded what I did to make the text turn red. Additionally I saved that page as an mhtml. I will be including the recording of my experiences, and the mhtml file below, so you can inspect it to find the bug. 🙂 More information is in the other relevant details page.

What happened?

Text turned red when I autocorrected.   All of the text inside the arrows looks red to me ---> It looks a little something like this. <--- All of the text inside the arrows looks red to me.

What did you expect to happen?

I expected my text to remain the same color.

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: The behavior of this freaking text is so confusing: it seems there are other bugs with this status update as well? https://linustechtips.com/status/334523/

Nevermind, don't see my signature, It doesn't want to update with the red text lol 🤣  I'll try to change it to have red text again, if it works, I'll update this post! 

Not just with my status update: BRO EVERY POST WITH THE RED TEXT IS BUGGED: 🤣

The red text only shows up on the word business, but when I created the status update (before I posted it), the entire post was red. (Not counting the emoji) Also, the uploaded files area doesn't show the .mhtml file that I have uploaded. I mean, it should still show up there even though it's been inserted into the post right?

Screenshot2023-06-0110_12_43AM.thumb.png.6b6fd7ffd04ae9fde95c26adfe47f785.png

Also, I set my signature to a paragraph of red text, and it wont freaking update! It's still the old one! But when I go back to edit my profile again, the text is there. (Yes its still red) My first thought was that my old text was restored, and that it just failed to save, but no, there was no banner notification on the signature text field that said that my previous content had been restored! Weird!

Screenshot2023-06-012_19_47PM.thumb.png.e0751cd0d335af3bee353f6c6959a3d5.png

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Screen recording of how I created it the first time is below. As well as a .mhtml file of the red text on the page where it first appeared. 

There are some screenshots above as well.

Any other relevant details:

It seems to be affected by bold, italics, center align, font type, font size, and undo (ctrl-z) I did not test anything else. You can paste it, and it will retain its color, but only in posts, status updates, and signatures. (Or other areas where rich text can be pasted), but you can only copy it when editing a post and I made the color so I guess unless you access the .mhtml file, you can't get the text. When you are typing with the red text, the text color menu bar button is highlighted, however, when you click on it, the selected color is default, and shows a color of white. The text will continue to be red when you keep typing adjacent to a character that is red. When you paste the red text, you will get the "Pasted as rich text" pop-up. Next to that is the "Paste as plain text" button. If you click that, the text will not change, and neither will its behavior. Also, you know how if you refresh your page or close it while writing a post, the text comes back? The red text comes back on my particular status update. And yes, I'll be posting a status update with the red text.

Weird red text.mhtml

Screenshot 2023-06-01 10.15.59 AM.png

Omg, it's a signature!

Does it happen with FireFox?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 hours ago, Vishera said:

Does it happen with FireFox?

I have no idea

Omg, it's a signature!

Does it happen if you use an incognito window or turn off any browser extensions?

I tried reproducing this and couldn't get anything similar to happen in Firefox (113.0.2), Chrome (114.0.5735.90), or Brave (1.52.117, Chromium 114.0.5735.90). I tried using autocorrect in a post, a status update, a signature, and the "about me" section of the profile and nothing changed color.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

5 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Does it happen if you use an incognito window or turn off any browser extensions?

I tried reproducing this and couldn't get anything similar to happen in Firefox (113.0.2), Chrome (114.0.5735.90), or Brave (1.52.117, Chromium 114.0.5735.90). I tried using autocorrect in a post, a status update, a signature, and the "about me" section of the profile and nothing changed color.

I have no idea. *has flashback* Did you try downloading the.mhtml and seeing what it does to the text?

Omg, it's a signature!

What made the word "Business" red in the first place? Did you try to make that word red and then switch back to default colour? 

7 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Does it remove all colour when you select all and click the remove formatting button?

Before I pressed the remove formatting button

After I pressed the remove formatting button

Omg, it's a signature!

Does it remove all colour when you select all and click the remove formatting button?

Screenshot_603.png

I could see in the browsers Dev-tools thats both sentences are complete different.
It's weird one is contained in a span and the other in Paragraph...
But i dont know enough to have a fix for you.

Screenshot_604.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

On 6/3/2023 at 10:04 AM, HanZie82 said:

Lemme check... Also, this might be a bug with html/css or with Chrome's autocorrect. Its extremely weird, and it's not really an issue for me. It's just interesting, and I'd like to find out why this happened. So unless you share the same curiosity, I don't want others to feel obligated to spend their time fixing a bug that has no real effect on the end user. But if you share the same curiosity as me, go ahead and try to figure it out, I'd love to know why!

Anyway here it is. (Also, you can do these tests yourself if you click reply and copy the red text from the quote.)

When I don't press paste as plain text

When I press paste as plain text

Before I highlight all the text and press remove formatting

After I highlight all the text and press remove formatting

Also, I will include a video below of what happened when I did so, some weird highlighting glitch happened.

Omg, it's a signature!

How did you make the text red originally? It looks like you had pasted at least some of the text on that line, which is likely to be related - if you paste from somewhere with weird formatting, the editor can get confused.

HTTP/2 203