Can’t install windows

Howdyhowdylady

I recently built a new pc and I used a amd radeon rx 6600 and I installed windows from my Mac and tried to upload it but it didn’t work and it keeps booting to a blank screen with a flashing line

11 minutes ago, Howdyhowdylady said:

I recently built a new pc and I used a amd radeon rx 6600 and I installed windows from my Mac and tried to upload it but it didn’t work and it keeps booting to a blank screen with a flashing line

Take one ram stick out, then wait while it boots it may be slower.

5 minutes ago, Chree said:

Take one ram stick out, then wait while it boots it may be slower.

Didn’t work thx for trying tho

A little more information if you don't mind, what do you mean you uploaded it?

Do you mean, you used a tool to copy a disk image to a usb? if so, you may want to press and hold ctrl+alt+del and let the system reboot. From there, you will have to press a few different keys, try pressing the:

f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6, f7, f8, f9 f10 and also press the del key too. do all of these right when the pc turns on and the keyboard gets the light on. all of them.

this will get you a bios screen or a boot screen hopefully.. 

boot screen, choose the flash drive you used for the windows install media..

if bios, you will need to go to hardware or system, and set the usb drive to boot first priority, it should have instructions when you highlight the options.

hope that helps :)

thinking about it, it may even say boot order or boot menu in the bios

When I select the usb it just goes back to the white line flashing

7 minutes ago, Howdyhowdylady said:

Did you properly format the USB for a windows install? i know ive had that issue when i just miss something simple. and is it windows 10 or 11?

2 minutes ago, Ferth said:

Did you properly format the USB for a windows install? i know ive had that issue when i just miss something simple. and is it windows 10 or 11?

How would I format correctly just to make sure I’m doing it right

Just now, Howdyhowdylady said:

How would I format correctly just to make sure I’m doing it right

Your best bet is to Search for a tutorial on youtube, theres a few that explain it well. i have to each time as my brain forgets lol. Plus i have no clue how you would format it on a mac

36 minutes ago, Howdyhowdylady said:

Sorry, I was editing my profile. It generally means, you didn't get a proper disk made. Try using RUFUS, I believe they have a mac program. it's never let me down and should setup the drive properly by selecting the ISO file.

I tried reformatting everything and it still not working

38 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

Use the windows media creation tool on another computer. So, download the tool, run it, and point it to install on the usb stick. It will format the stick and make it bootable.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

Problem is I have a Mac and it doesn’t work on Mac OS 

1 hour ago, hazard1nc said:

Sorry, I was editing my profile. It generally means, you didn't get a proper disk made. Try using RUFUS, I believe they have a mac program. it's never let me down and should setup the drive properly by selecting the ISO file.

They don’t have a max version do you know anything similar that might

25 minutes ago, Howdyhowdylady said:

Problem is I have a Mac and it doesn’t work on Mac OS 

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/windows-pe/make-windows-10-bootable-usb-on-mac.html#:~:text=Step 5%3A Next%2C you have,click the "Confirm" option.

there’s the macOS steps.

you can also try a third party software like Rufus. I don’t have personal experience with that so can’t comment further. You will need to download the windows ISO file.

If you can get your hands on another windows machine for a bit, the media creation tool is much more user friendly.

K got it to get to we’re I can install windows but then I get this error code  0x800700D when trying to install it

2 hours ago, Howdyhowdylady said:

K got it to get to we’re I can install windows but then I get this error code  0x800700D when trying to install it

The error code 0x8007000d means Windows is unable to find an essential file in the installation package. Corrupted system files and broken. Means, your copy didn't work right. One sec and i'll get you a link to a usb boot disk tool.

This website has a lot of tools, I often use it myself for finding things I can't seem to find elsewhere:

https://alternativeto.net/software/rufus/?platform=mac  Out of all the software I seen, I can speak for balena etcher, and I've seen Rosa image writer pop up a bit, also DiskMaker X. Try those, if they don't work, then its likely the ISO, Try redownloading it from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/

edit: Rosa looks very user friendly, maybe try it first