Trying to unlock USB-C video output on a Pixel 4a

I am very inexperienced in android rooting and everything related, so I'm sorry if I look like I have no idea of what I'm writing about, but I'm trying to get started.

I just found out Pixel phones have the USB-C video option disabled in software, which sucks.

On the surface many articles I've read say that it is disabled on software, which makes it sound like just installing different software (like a custom ROM) could be a solution. I've also read some that say it's disabled on kernel level, which chatgpt tells me is extremely hard to modify and should be only done by a pro, but on some other forums (which I know I probably didn't really understand) it looks like installing different software, again, could be the solution to the kernel problem.

Is it really posible to do this? has someone ever done this? I know the phone could still have it disable on hardware level, but Pixel phones have a way to use an special dock to output video, so it really seems like google just disabled the option but the posibility is there.