psu use in different region and compatibility with other building components?

Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
25 minutes ago, Andersen7 said:

use this psu within china mainland, which standardize the voltage of 220v, without any issues.

They have automatic switching voltage, as standard since 2010s. If you have to switch a PSU voltage manually, throw it away.

If there's need to purchase other cable/adapters/converters, can anyone give me some recommended these cables/adapters/converters links on amazon or just their product name to search for ?

C13 to (insert your plug type here)

What is a standard EU plug? - Quora

27 minutes ago, Andersen7 said:

can you give me some selection on my case to properly wrap all these things up with pretty airflow and transparent panel to see the rgb of motherboard?

Depends on what Amazon China has in stock right now. Check out the case review playlist by Gamers Nexus to find some goodies. 

I have chosen:

• "asus prime z690-a" motherboard
  • "intel i7-12700k" cpu
  • "Noctua NH-D15" cpu cooler
  • "G.Skill RipJaws s5 series 32gb 5600 1.2v" ram
  • "samsung 980 pro" ssd
  • maybe install another gpu card like "GeForce 3060Ti" later(not installed yet)
  • the case also not decided

on amazon from china mainland.

My question are:

[Q1] I wonder whether i can directly buy the psu of "Seasonic FOCUS GM-750, 750W" to satisfy following requests:

1. compatibility with the components i have bought (supplying enough power or voltage to make them work best).
  2. use this psu within china mainland, which standardize the voltage of 220v, without any issues.

[Q2] If there's need to purchase other cable/adapters/converters, can anyone give me some recommended these cables/adapters/converters links on amazon or just their product name to search for ?

[Q3] can you give me some selection on my case to properly wrap all these things up with pretty airflow and transparent panel to see the rgb of motherboard?

I'd really appreciate for your answers.

use this psu within china mainland, which standardize the voltage of 220v, without any issues.

They have automatic switching voltage, as standard since 2010s. If you have to switch a PSU voltage manually, throw it away.

If there's need to purchase other cable/adapters/converters, can anyone give me some recommended these cables/adapters/converters links on amazon or just their product name to search for ?

C13 to (insert your plug type here)

What is a standard EU plug? - Quora

27 minutes ago, Andersen7 said:

can you give me some selection on my case to properly wrap all these things up with pretty airflow and transparent panel to see the rgb of motherboard?

Depends on what Amazon China has in stock right now. Check out the case review playlist by Gamers Nexus to find some goodies. 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply, now i understand more about this topic.

Sincerely, i want to ask some other questions(also related to building my pc) that makes me confused for several days, 

if i bought all the components(cpu, motherboard, etc. ) listed above, all of which are targeted for U.S on their product description, then can i directly use them within china mainland, these are some aspects that i'm not very sure about:

1. network, are they able to be connected with chinese network and work normally?  For example, the asus motherboard, and i have searched on asus's official website, but they don't list any information about this. I happend to found a reply on other website that there may be some incompatibility in Bios and should be adjusted manually.
  2. you have told that the psu will automatically change the voltage in different regions, then does that means i don't need to consider other compoenents because the psu will automatically supply proper valtage for them as they work in U.S ?

Hey, saw your DM. Remember that you can quickly press quote on a comment to get a response from someone, as by default quoting notifies user.

32 minutes ago, Andersen7 said:

network, are they able to be connected with chinese network and work normally?

As far as i knew it should be fine, im not sure about "incompatibility in BIOS" as by the time the ethernet is usable, Windows would already take over the driver and i never heard of any chinese-specific network drivers or incompatibility with normal driver. Can you provide source to this reply? Id love to see it. Theyre questionable in internet policies but not ballsy enough to create their own IP system.

34 minutes ago, Andersen7 said:

you have told that the psu will automatically change the voltage in different regions, then does that means i don't need to consider other compoenents because the psu will automatically supply proper valtage for them as they work in U.S ?

Yep. Again, if you have manual voltage switch on the PSU that means that the PSU is either super old or super cheap because the logic for switching it is already practically half-pennies to integrate.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Hey, saw your DM. Remember that you can quickly press quote on a comment to get a response from someone, as by default quoting notifies user.

As far as i knew it should be fine, im not sure about "incompatibility in BIOS" as by the time the ethernet is usable, Windows would already take over the driver and i never heard of any chinese-specific network drivers or incompatibility with normal driver. Can you provide source to this reply? Id love to see it. Theyre questionable in internet policies but not ballsy enough to create their own IP system.

Yep. Again, if you have manual voltage switch on the PSU that means that the PSU is either super old or super cheap because the logic for switching it is already practically half-pennies to integrate.

I am a newer to this platform, now i know how to refer to your reply. 😁 

Thansk for your reply again.